The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Water

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Celisuis Posted - 31/05/2011 : 13:07:13
Hey There Again.

I got my corn snake 2 days ago.

And he doesn't seem to be drinking, all he does is stay in his hide.

Is this normal right now - since he has just been moved etc.

Thanks
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Spreebok Posted - 31/05/2011 : 16:58:54
quote:
Originally posted by **Louise**

quote:
Originally posted by kdlang

As said I wouldn't worry too much. He is probably picking his chance while no-one is looking to snatch a quick drink.

quote:
Originally posted by Spreebok

Yeah, corns arn't exactly the most active of things during the day, they're nocturnal! The water never seems to go down much, just keep replacing it every couple of days or so, your corn will drink from it when he needs it! I've only caught mine drinking about once in the 4 months I've had mine x3

If I remember rightly they aren't nocturnal. Can't remember the name for it but it's when they are active at dawn and dusk.

That's correct, they are crepuscular

Now I know :)
Invalid User Posted - 31/05/2011 : 16:38:22
quote:
Originally posted by kdlang

As said I wouldn't worry too much. He is probably picking his chance while no-one is looking to snatch a quick drink.

quote:

Yeah, corns arn't exactly the most active of things during the day, they're nocturnal! The water never seems to go down much, just keep replacing it every couple of days or so, your corn will drink from it when he needs it! I've only caught mine drinking about once in the 4 months I've had mine x3

If I remember rightly they aren't nocturnal. Can't remember the name for it but it's when they are active at dawn and dusk.

That's correct, they are crepuscular
kdlang Posted - 31/05/2011 : 16:25:59

quote:

jimspook Posted - 31/05/2011 : 14:42:41
Definitely fine. Especially as its just being introduced to new surroundings, smells etc...... I am quite lucky as my snake isn't that shy when it co,mes to drinking and shedding. A lot of the time she'll have a drink as I put her back after handling which is quite cool to watch.
Celisuis Posted - 31/05/2011 : 13:52:03
Fair enough.

It's good to know nothing is wrong! =]
Spreebok Posted - 31/05/2011 : 13:32:25
Invalid User Posted - 31/05/2011 : 13:31:00
Perfectly normal. They do alot of hiding away.

If he has water he can get to, he will drink. Most likely at night when your not watching!

As long as your setup is correct and your temps are fine then nothing to worry about.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000