The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 heat.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jackk94 Posted - 28/05/2011 : 23:51:54
i'm right in putting my heatmat UNDERNEATH my glass viv right? it doesnt need to be inside the viv underneath the substrate if you know what i mean?

thanks
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kopite_di Posted - 29/05/2011 : 22:17:40
Sorry if this is daft question but I have my faun ontop of mat which is sealed down in 2ft viv, as I put cilla in viv too early, the stat probe is outside faun onto of mat so is it ok to hold the probe down with the faun ? it won't stay in 1 place if I don't but I don't want it to get broken by the weight :/
gingerpony Posted - 29/05/2011 : 09:21:50
underneath is fine in a glass viv but lota's right, you do risk the glass cracking as the mat heats it up quite quickly

as for stats you only need an on/off type stat, and i'd recommend Habistat, Microclimate or Aqualine
lotabob Posted - 29/05/2011 : 00:24:47
Underneath is fine I wouldn't recommend using it without a stat though, even as a trial as without a stat you could in theory crack the glass (not likely but it can happen). I use habistat mat/stats for my heat mats and they regulate the temperature perfectly. You could put it inside too, if its statted it doesn't make much difference to a glass viv, wooden vivs are the only one where you have to have it inside.

(bit of an edit, as you dont have a snake yet )
Jackk94 Posted - 29/05/2011 : 00:06:14
also can anyone recommend a good thermostat?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000