heat.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jackk94
Hatchling

United Kingdom
104 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2011 :  23:51:54  Show Profile  Click to see Jackk94's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i'm right in putting my heatmat UNDERNEATH my glass viv right? it doesnt need to be inside the viv underneath the substrate if you know what i mean?

thanks

Jackk94
Hatchling

United Kingdom
104 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2011 :  00:06:14  Show Profile  Click to see Jackk94's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
also can anyone recommend a good thermostat?
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2011 :  00:24:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Underneath is fine I wouldn't recommend using it without a stat though, even as a trial as without a stat you could in theory crack the glass (not likely but it can happen). I use habistat mat/stats for my heat mats and they regulate the temperature perfectly. You could put it inside too, if its statted it doesn't make much difference to a glass viv, wooden vivs are the only one where you have to have it inside.

(bit of an edit, as you dont have a snake yet )

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky

Edited by - lotabob on 29/05/2011 00:31:49
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2011 :  09:21:50  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
underneath is fine in a glass viv but lota's right, you do risk the glass cracking as the mat heats it up quite quickly

as for stats you only need an on/off type stat, and i'd recommend Habistat, Microclimate or Aqualine

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

kopite_di
Hatchling

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2011 :  22:17:40  Show Profile  Click to see kopite_di's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sorry if this is daft question but I have my faun ontop of mat which is sealed down in 2ft viv, as I put cilla in viv too early, the stat probe is outside faun onto of mat so is it ok to hold the probe down with the faun ? it won't stay in 1 place if I don't but I don't want it to get broken by the weight :/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000