The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 a few questions :)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Laws Posted - 24/05/2011 : 00:03:23

my little kodi (altho not so little anymore ) is coming on nicely , she weighed 24 grams on the 31/03 , then the 12/04 she was 30g and now on the 18/05 is 36g we feed her one fluff every 5 days . she has shed once with us on 23/4 and when i took her out tonite shes all blue eyed again . i was wondering should we drop the feeding back to 7 days now ?
also shes in a medium faun , we got a rough length of her and we think shes around 22 inches give or take . would we be able to move her into a large faun soon ? i took some pics of her in her current faun so u can kinda see how big shes getting .
we have noiced a raised scale on her nose , not a big scale but i think its from rubbing her nose on the gaps in her faun , the shed should sort this out shouldnt it ? it doesnt look red or sore at all .

the blue eyed girl :

5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ailsa Posted - 24/05/2011 : 12:51:01
My little hatchling was 3 months old when I got her and I put her in a large flat faun, the one with the divider bit in it and after about a week I got her same fake leafy vine to give her cover, some stones for her to slither round and rub on when she sheds and I fixed loo roll tubes onto the lid of her faun with cable ties, she loves hiding in her loo rolls, I also scrunched up bits of kitchen roll and put it into her hides, she likes that too as I always find her curled up right in the middle of the kitchen roll. She is only 4 months old tho and she's on 2 pinkies per feed and I feed her every 7 days. :)
Mamma Posted - 24/05/2011 : 09:27:50
Romeo is the same age. I feed every 7 days xx
lotabob Posted - 24/05/2011 : 00:17:48
I've only ever feed mine every 7 days (well, 6 or 8 on occasion). At her size though I don't think it would make much of a difference either way.
Laws Posted - 24/05/2011 : 00:10:21
will wait till shes shed as shes gone all quiet and not as active and then try moving her over , we got some bits and pieces to put in there with her . what do u think about feeding ? should we drop her back to seven days now ? or is five still ok? shes a july cb10 x
lotabob Posted - 24/05/2011 : 00:08:32
Spot broke a scale on his nose, it shed out and you'd never know there was ever a dink in his snout.

I don't see any problem in putting him in a bigger faun, just keep an eye on him once moved and if he looks a bit lost or stressed you can always move him back.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000