The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Time for fluffs?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cattNmo Posted - 22/05/2011 : 16:16:15
Me again guys,

Sorry for been a pain. but Mo's my first (I was not this bad with the kids, lol). He now eats 2 pinkies twice a week and it takes him a matter of seconds to injest them, but it he ready for fluffs? I been looking around the forum and think maybe he is. But just a make sure. This is a pic of him having eaten 2 pinks just minutes before, what do you think?? I just don't want to do him any damage. Greatful of any advice. He is 10 months old now, viv temp all good. Excuse his colour but he's about to shed.

6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cattNmo Posted - 22/05/2011 : 22:03:31
Thank you guys. Will go get some fluffs :) Pics mid week
kopite_di Posted - 22/05/2011 : 21:44:14
Right ok thanks, i had put her weight in as 17g but she's actually 21 fed this morning though could take 1 or 2g off
lotabob Posted - 22/05/2011 : 21:39:47
you go up a food size when their is little to no bump in the snakes stomach. Or as I do just always feed a mouse that is about 1.5 times the thickness of the snake at its thickest point, I am able to get a very wide range of sizes at the reptile shop I use so have no need to double feed. Its not an exact science either I just go by eye, never had a problem.
kopite_di Posted - 22/05/2011 : 20:45:51
Guys I'm new to this but could you tell me when a snake is ready to go up to 2 pinkies and do I feed her both in 1 meal or over a few days also if she takes 2 why can't she have fuzzy ? Cilla was hatched in January she's 17g and 16" long thanks
Invalid User Posted - 22/05/2011 : 16:52:31
Defo ready for a fuzzy! Have a look at my tiny boy eating a fuzzy with no problems :D

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16783
lotabob Posted - 22/05/2011 : 16:19:18
He needs to go up a food size for sure if he is eating 4 pinks a week regardless of the picture, but with the picture you can't even tell its eaten. Start with 1 fuzzy but you'll probably find it will take 2 no problems as possibly even a small mouse but see how it goes.

pick a prey item (mouse) 1.5 times the thickness of your snakes thickest point. If its a little tiny bit more won't do any harm though but as a guide 1.5 times is a good size meal for a corn. When photobucket is working I'll post you a picture of Spot eating a HUGE mouse to put your mind at rest that a bigger meal wont hurt your snake.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000