New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cattNmo
Hatchling

182 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2011 :  16:16:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Me again guys,

Sorry for been a pain. but Mo's my first (I was not this bad with the kids, lol). He now eats 2 pinkies twice a week and it takes him a matter of seconds to injest them, but it he ready for fluffs? I been looking around the forum and think maybe he is. But just a make sure. This is a pic of him having eaten 2 pinks just minutes before, what do you think?? I just don't want to do him any damage. Greatful of any advice. He is 10 months old now, viv temp all good. Excuse his colour but he's about to shed.

Three corns, a dog, a cat, 2 kids and a future husband, Yes its a MAD HOUSE in leicester area.

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2011 :  16:19:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He needs to go up a food size for sure if he is eating 4 pinks a week regardless of the picture, but with the picture you can't even tell its eaten. Start with 1 fuzzy but you'll probably find it will take 2 no problems as possibly even a small mouse but see how it goes.

pick a prey item (mouse) 1.5 times the thickness of your snakes thickest point. If its a little tiny bit more won't do any harm though but as a guide 1.5 times is a good size meal for a corn. When photobucket is working I'll post you a picture of Spot eating a HUGE mouse to put your mind at rest that a bigger meal wont hurt your snake.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky

Edited by - lotabob on 22/05/2011 16:23:16
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2011 :  16:52:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Defo ready for a fuzzy! Have a look at my tiny boy eating a fuzzy with no problems :D

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16783
Go to Top of Page

kopite_di
Hatchling

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2011 :  20:45:51  Show Profile  Click to see kopite_di's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Guys I'm new to this but could you tell me when a snake is ready to go up to 2 pinkies and do I feed her both in 1 meal or over a few days also if she takes 2 why can't she have fuzzy ? Cilla was hatched in January she's 17g and 16" long thanks
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2011 :  21:39:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you go up a food size when their is little to no bump in the snakes stomach. Or as I do just always feed a mouse that is about 1.5 times the thickness of the snake at its thickest point, I am able to get a very wide range of sizes at the reptile shop I use so have no need to double feed. Its not an exact science either I just go by eye, never had a problem.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky

Edited by - lotabob on 22/05/2011 21:40:46
Go to Top of Page

kopite_di
Hatchling

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2011 :  21:44:14  Show Profile  Click to see kopite_di's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Right ok thanks, i had put her weight in as 17g but she's actually 21 fed this morning though could take 1 or 2g off
Go to Top of Page

cattNmo
Hatchling

182 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2011 :  22:03:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you guys. Will go get some fluffs :) Pics mid week

Three corns, a dog, a cat, 2 kids and a future husband, Yes its a MAD HOUSE in leicester area.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000