The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Handling outside ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Danny919 Posted - 22/05/2011 : 09:36:56
I was just wondering with the weather being nice in the UK at the minute (most days) is it good for your snake to handle him outside in the sunshine ? or dont they prefer this ? ive already tryed it, the other day and my corn was moving so slow i believe he was basking more than anything so chilled he was, but is it a good thing for them to be out in the sun ? please reply.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Danny919 Posted - 24/05/2011 : 22:49:47
i took him out the once and i only mean handling him in the sun, not letting him on the grass anything, hes only 22 inchs atm when hes about a 5 footer ill be showing him off :P how many years does it take them to grow long ? i was made to get a baby corn by my family cos they didnt want a big snake in the house ive never kept one lol
but yea i guess them going outside is good for them, just not to often?
gingerpony Posted - 23/05/2011 : 10:12:49
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

Those rude little molluscs! LOL.

lmfao at lota and the swear filter

took a minute or 2 to work out it was meant to say cockles!!
Only1Nitro Posted - 22/05/2011 : 21:56:26
iv taken mine out, and when she escaped the neighbor took her to the pub lol
lotabob Posted - 22/05/2011 : 20:15:30
Those rude little molluscs! LOL.
Rake Posted - 22/05/2011 : 20:10:53
never no might help warm the ****les lol will let ya know if i find him wrapped round me tea cup
gmac Posted - 22/05/2011 : 13:36:33
quote:
Originally posted by Rake

think im gonna try that wit mine never occurred to me to take em outside for a change of scenery mines still a tiddler though so will be keeping him on the deck chair with me this evening wit a nice cuppa see how he does

not sure corns like tea or coffee
Rake Posted - 22/05/2011 : 13:35:36
think im gonna try that wit mine never occurred to me to take em outside for a change of scenery mines still a tiddler though so will be keeping him on the deck chair with me this evening wit a nice cuppa see how he does
FiestaSTLou Posted - 22/05/2011 : 12:47:46
when it was really warm we took them outside, the adult corn loved it.. so much she took a hugepoopon the grass :D haha
the royals enjoyed it to :)
lotabob Posted - 22/05/2011 : 12:17:42
I take mine onto the balcony from time to time, but not for long, as long as you are paying attention to their behaviour and if you see they are trying to hide etc then take them inside. My Python and Boa quite like to bask but my corn snake after about 5 minutes just wants to hide.
Jarvo Posted - 22/05/2011 : 11:15:37
Thats a good question I have been tempted to take mine outside although he is only 10 months old and 34" long I,m worried that the little bugger will leg it if he get,s the chance.Maybe I will do the same and handle him outside.
MightyMouse Posted - 22/05/2011 : 10:39:56
I took mine out the other week to see if it liked it was about 6pm as i understand corns wouldnt normally venture out at mid day. It didnt like being in the direct sun cuz he kept trying to get under my hoodie, but was fine and happy sat in the shade, Im sure they can still absorb uv without the intense direct light. I didnt put him on the ground though just kept him crawing about on me, felt quite safe doing this as hes almost a 5 footer so quite slow compaired to the baby lightning fast one. I have only had a snake for a few months so i maybe wrong but if its not causing distress ie, running away, hissing, darting then im sure they dont mind it.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000