New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Danny919
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
30 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2011 :  09:36:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was just wondering with the weather being nice in the UK at the minute (most days) is it good for your snake to handle him outside in the sunshine ? or dont they prefer this ? ive already tryed it, the other day and my corn was moving so slow i believe he was basking more than anything so chilled he was, but is it a good thing for them to be out in the sun ? please reply.

MightyMouse
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
43 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2011 :  10:39:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I took mine out the other week to see if it liked it was about 6pm as i understand corns wouldnt normally venture out at mid day. It didnt like being in the direct sun cuz he kept trying to get under my hoodie, but was fine and happy sat in the shade, Im sure they can still absorb uv without the intense direct light. I didnt put him on the ground though just kept him crawing about on me, felt quite safe doing this as hes almost a 5 footer so quite slow compaired to the baby lightning fast one. I have only had a snake for a few months so i maybe wrong but if its not causing distress ie, running away, hissing, darting then im sure they dont mind it.

Go to Top of Page

Jarvo
Egg

United Kingdom
96 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2011 :  11:15:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thats a good question I have been tempted to take mine outside although he is only 10 months old and 34" long I,m worried that the little bugger will leg it if he get,s the chance.Maybe I will do the same and handle him outside.

1.0.0. Albino Boa (Bailey)
1.0.0. Anery corn (Zack)
1.0.0. Black Labrador (Cody)

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2011 :  12:17:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I take mine onto the balcony from time to time, but not for long, as long as you are paying attention to their behaviour and if you see they are trying to hide etc then take them inside. My Python and Boa quite like to bask but my corn snake after about 5 minutes just wants to hide.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

FiestaSTLou
Yearling

United Kingdom
556 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2011 :  12:47:46  Show Profile  Visit FiestaSTLou's Homepage  Click to see FiestaSTLou's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
when it was really warm we took them outside, the adult corn loved it.. so much she took a hugepoopon the grass :D haha
the royals enjoyed it to :)

Go to Top of Page

Rake
Hatchling

United Kingdom
200 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2011 :  13:35:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
think im gonna try that wit mine never occurred to me to take em outside for a change of scenery mines still a tiddler though so will be keeping him on the deck chair with me this evening wit a nice cuppa see how he does

Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2011 :  13:36:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rake

think im gonna try that wit mine never occurred to me to take em outside for a change of scenery mines still a tiddler though so will be keeping him on the deck chair with me this evening wit a nice cuppa see how he does

not sure corns like tea or coffee

Go to Top of Page

Rake
Hatchling

United Kingdom
200 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2011 :  20:10:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
never no might help warm the ****les lol will let ya know if i find him wrapped round me tea cup

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2011 :  20:15:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those rude little molluscs! LOL.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Only1Nitro
Hatchling

United Kingdom
160 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2011 :  21:56:26  Show Profile  Visit Only1Nitro's Homepage  Reply with Quote
iv taken mine out, and when she escaped the neighbor took her to the pub lol

Male Charcoal = Sterling
Female Carolina = Fofo
Female Butter = Amarelo
12 Eggs
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2011 :  10:12:49  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

Those rude little molluscs! LOL.

lmfao at lota and the swear filter

took a minute or 2 to work out it was meant to say cockles!!

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Danny919
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
30 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2011 :  22:49:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i took him out the once and i only mean handling him in the sun, not letting him on the grass anything, hes only 22 inchs atm when hes about a 5 footer ill be showing him off :P how many years does it take them to grow long ? i was made to get a baby corn by my family cos they didnt want a big snake in the house ive never kept one lol
but yea i guess them going outside is good for them, just not to often?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000