The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Internet mice.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kabigat Posted - 14/05/2011 : 10:40:18
I have just received my first lot of frozen mice ordered off the Internet,having only bought from a pet shop before,and some of the mice are quite bloody,is this normal?
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
rubberbiscuit Posted - 15/05/2011 : 18:19:04
I wonder if its the same company I just ordered my first lot of fluffs from??
Oh well, I had to order my dogs raw food from them anyways.....if the mice explode in transit then so be it!!LOL
kabigat Posted - 15/05/2011 : 10:12:45
They were still frozen when they came because I checked to make sure.
It's not on all of them only on a few and it's not like there is any brains hanging out or anything. Lol.
As for posting a photo me and technology don't get on,it takes me enough time to do these on my i pod!
I think to be on the safe side I will go back to buying from the shop at least then I can see what I'm buying.
lotabob Posted - 14/05/2011 : 14:27:59
Is it just a bit of blood around the nose, sometimes the medium mice I give my Boa get nose bleeds when they are defrosted. Its possibly that they have defrosted, ice crystals burst blood vessels and then when the blood defosts it bleeds out, its usually not a right lot but from defrosted to eaten in my house is about 10 minutes, they may have been defrosted for some time.
Sta~ple Posted - 14/05/2011 : 13:54:36
If it is a case of they were thawed, did you pay over the odds for postage or any kind of next day before 12 one? I know they always day the cant promise to be frozen upon delivery, normally chilled and more or else frozen is fine but your mice sound like a right mess!
jimspook Posted - 14/05/2011 : 13:31:47
Probably as everyone suggests, defrosted mice that have been clouted in transit. I have bought once on the internet but quickly reverted back to going in so I can see what I buy.
Invalid User Posted - 14/05/2011 : 11:40:35
How bloody? lol

Pics would help and as Sta~ple asked, where they still frozen when they arrived?
Ailsa Posted - 14/05/2011 : 11:38:27
I buy my pinkies from pets at home and they aren't bloody
Sta~ple Posted - 14/05/2011 : 10:55:36
No, can you take a pic? I'm interested to see. Where did you buy from? Are they still frozen?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000