New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kabigat
Egg

United Kingdom
66 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2011 :  10:40:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have just received my first lot of frozen mice ordered off the Internet,having only bought from a pet shop before,and some of the mice are quite bloody,is this normal?

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2011 :  10:55:36  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
No, can you take a pic? I'm interested to see. Where did you buy from? Are they still frozen?

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2011 :  11:38:27  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I buy my pinkies from pets at home and they aren't bloody

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2011 :  11:40:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How bloody? lol

Pics would help and as Sta~ple asked, where they still frozen when they arrived?
Go to Top of Page

jimspook
Egg

77 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2011 :  13:31:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Probably as everyone suggests, defrosted mice that have been clouted in transit. I have bought once on the internet but quickly reverted back to going in so I can see what I buy.

0.1.0 Normal CB09 - Artemis

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2011 :  13:54:36  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If it is a case of they were thawed, did you pay over the odds for postage or any kind of next day before 12 one? I know they always day the cant promise to be frozen upon delivery, normally chilled and more or else frozen is fine but your mice sound like a right mess!

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2011 :  14:27:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is it just a bit of blood around the nose, sometimes the medium mice I give my Boa get nose bleeds when they are defrosted. Its possibly that they have defrosted, ice crystals burst blood vessels and then when the blood defosts it bleeds out, its usually not a right lot but from defrosted to eaten in my house is about 10 minutes, they may have been defrosted for some time.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky

Edited by - lotabob on 14/05/2011 14:29:49
Go to Top of Page

kabigat
Egg

United Kingdom
66 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2011 :  10:12:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They were still frozen when they came because I checked to make sure.
It's not on all of them only on a few and it's not like there is any brains hanging out or anything. Lol.
As for posting a photo me and technology don't get on,it takes me enough time to do these on my i pod!
I think to be on the safe side I will go back to buying from the shop at least then I can see what I'm buying.
Go to Top of Page

rubberbiscuit
Snake Mite

37 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2011 :  18:19:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wonder if its the same company I just ordered my first lot of fluffs from??
Oh well, I had to order my dogs raw food from them anyways.....if the mice explode in transit then so be it!!LOL
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000