The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Something odd about feeding

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ailsa Posted - 11/05/2011 : 09:12:18
Second successful feed of 2 pinkies this morning, very greedy snake, but there is one thing that i wondered - she grabbed both hard from me but the 2nd pinkie she grabbed really really hard and then shook it about, she was going daft even got pinkie blood all over tub and me, and then she ate it, is this a normal thing?
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Invalid User Posted - 11/05/2011 : 15:08:33
quote:
Originally posted by Lixra

The oddest thing I ever witnessed was a young BRB I had, she would bite the heads off of her rat pinks, eat the bodies, and then leave her decapitation handiwork for me to find. Weird little thing.

Ewwww lol
Lixra Posted - 11/05/2011 : 14:56:15
Yup, all snakes are different with their feeding habits, I suppose it's part of their unique personality.

One of my corns will literally just open her mouth and wait for me to drop the mice in there for her
I have two that wrestle the thing to "death" - shaking, coiling, very aggressive with their food!
The oddest thing I ever witnessed was a young BRB I had, she would bite the heads off of her rat pinks, eat the bodies, and then leave her decapitation handiwork for me to find. Weird little thing.
SexyBear77 Posted - 11/05/2011 : 14:21:05
quote:
Originally posted by Louise32

quote:
Originally posted by ptmbradley

I wish mine were more like that! Pandora struck and constricted the very 1st time, but ever since then all 3 of my corns just calmly take hold of their food without any fuss. They are eating just fine so I'm not worried, but it would be nice to see a bit more action!

You will see more action with your brb!

Ha, tell that to mine!!
Invalid User Posted - 11/05/2011 : 11:00:05
quote:
Originally posted by ptmbradley

I wish mine were more like that! Pandora struck and constricted the very 1st time, but ever since then all 3 of my corns just calmly take hold of their food without any fuss. They are eating just fine so I'm not worried, but it would be nice to see a bit more action!

You will see more action with your brb!
Ailsa Posted - 11/05/2011 : 10:57:35
every time i feed her she really does grab them well but this was the first time she shook the pinkie about like that
ptmbradley Posted - 11/05/2011 : 10:42:09
Mamma Posted - 11/05/2011 : 09:26:43
its snakey being a snake =]
Invalid User Posted - 11/05/2011 : 09:21:40
It's fine. :D

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000