The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 temperature panic AGAIN

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Rake Posted - 09/05/2011 : 20:48:12
hi all, sorry about this i know i have posted several times but i am at a loss now, ive implemented everything ive heard so far but once again to no avail, my heat mat sits on top of two folded pieces of foil and two towels with my faun on top, i have tried weighting down my thermometer probe and attaching it to the probe from the stat but when on the inside of the faun even when its weighted down it isnt going above 25c, placing the thermometer probe on the outside with the stat prob also proves difficult as it shows the mat as fluctuating between 28-30c but inside the faun when i feel the bottom over the heatmat its cold also my corn has spent entire day on hot side and when had him out felt very cold and slugish, i am now at a loss lol so once again all suggestions greatly appreciated and sorry for posting same thing several times
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gmac Posted - 09/05/2011 : 23:28:24
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14057 step by step guide
Rake Posted - 09/05/2011 : 23:00:19
how do i post it managed to get the photos
Rake Posted - 09/05/2011 : 22:37:39
ye will do, dont naturally think its my stat as it does clock on and off may be heat mat
lotabob Posted - 09/05/2011 : 21:58:23
Can you take a picture clearly showing where your probes are positioned and post it?
Ailsa Posted - 09/05/2011 : 21:56:39
my microclimate stat maintains temps of 28.5-29.5*C, been working well for 1 months, as that's how long I've had my hatchling.
lotabob Posted - 09/05/2011 : 21:52:30
quote:
Originally posted by Rake

ye its weighted down flat inside the faun, ye eevn with the stat turned up full its weird but a couple of days ago it was fluctuating between 28-29c inside hot end, im starting to think something is faulty

I'm tempted to agree with you.
Rake Posted - 09/05/2011 : 21:46:55
ye its weighted down flat inside the faun, ye eevn with the stat turned up full its weird but a couple of days ago it was fluctuating between 28-29c inside hot end, im starting to think something is faulty
kdlang Posted - 09/05/2011 : 21:39:29
I wouldn't worry about feeding until you know the temps are correct. It is much worse to risk a regurge than your little one to go a few days longer before being fed.

Just to double check a couple of things. Are you lying the probe down on the bottom of the faun or having it so its hanging down n just the tip touching the bottom of the faun? It should be lying flat. I'm sure that is probably how you have it but thought it was worth checking. Also, is it only reading 25C even when you have the thermostat turned up full?
Rake Posted - 09/05/2011 : 21:11:03
ye room temp hangs about 24-25c just a lil worried because its feeding day tomorrow, have just place thermometer probe inside faun, would changing the room hes in help ?
lotabob Posted - 09/05/2011 : 20:54:56
28oC is to you (a mammal with a body temp of 37oC) not hot. My corn snake always feels cold too. Your thermometer goes where the snake is, in the faun, it can take a while for the setup to get upto temperature. As long as your ambient temp isn't too cold, I'm guessing around 20oC then there is no harm to your snake.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000