The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 omg thats disgusting ;/

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kopite_di Posted - 05/05/2011 : 20:46:49
Cilla has just musked on me, at least I think thats what it was, like runny poo and smelly, eugh , I did have her out of her tank for a while, obviously too long , hope she dont get in the habbit gross....
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kopite_di Posted - 06/05/2011 : 16:24:08
Hannah she was fed last Sunday and had her 1st pop Tuesday , Chris she was fairly active for about 20 to 30 mins so I guess that was it lol , thanks lotabob I will remember not to have her out too long :)
a33272 Posted - 06/05/2011 : 15:37:29
Can't say either of mine have done that to me but marmalade did poo an wee on a friend of mine. She asked what have I done to deserve this an I guess it was just to do with her being out an active for her bowels moving abit
HannahB Posted - 06/05/2011 : 14:41:50
how long ago was she fed? it might be that you just handled her before she had chance to use the aspen/bedding as a toilet and unfortunately you became the replacement..
I try not to handle my lot until they have pooped at least once after feeding - being pooped on by aura once was enough for me and that was when she was only eating half a pinkie!
lotabob Posted - 05/05/2011 : 23:49:52
Probably wasn't stressed at all but more likely to get stressed than cold in your hand.

You'll notice them get flighty and wanting to get away when they've had enough.
kopite_di Posted - 05/05/2011 : 23:25:55
Do they get stressed easily or did I have her out too long ? X x
lotabob Posted - 05/05/2011 : 22:55:11
If she was on you she wont have got cold, hot and fedup or stressed but not cold. Corn poo is runny, its only dry once it dries out in the substrate.
kopite_di Posted - 05/05/2011 : 22:18:52
wasn't milky ;/ looked like runny poop she was out for about 30 mins and went straight under her warm hide so guessing she got cold and fed up lol , my african grey delights in pooping on me, so i'm used to it lol
Rake Posted - 05/05/2011 : 22:06:28
that is not encouraging iotabob lol will have to have the wipes and tea towel at hand from now on
lotabob Posted - 05/05/2011 : 21:55:36
Sounds like you just got pooped on. Musk is a milky liquid. My Boa would musk when I first got her and it is a funny smell but very little in the way of liquid actually. When you handle your snake the longer its out the more your hands will warm them. The excercise and the way your hands will gently massage them does encourage them to poo, its a bit smelly but get used to it, it will not be the last time.
Rake Posted - 05/05/2011 : 21:50:17
thankfuly mine hasnt done it since just really lazy prefers to curl up and watch t.v lol
Ailsa Posted - 05/05/2011 : 21:34:05
I've never yet been musked or pooped on by my new hatchling, had her nearly a month now and handled her 4 days after i got her with no problems except she's really nosy lol
Isoldael Posted - 05/05/2011 : 21:19:23
I have to deal with (wild) grass snakes regularly, they do the same. Grossssssssss!
Rake Posted - 05/05/2011 : 21:17:40
feel for ya mate mine did it to me first time i held him it stinks thank god it washes off lmao from what ive read they grow out of it or so they say

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000