The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 tempsdriving me nuts

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kopite_di Posted - 04/05/2011 : 12:23:07
hi all my temps keep fluctuating between 27.9 and 29.5 just gets to top level then drops again :/ he thermo probe and stat probe are both inside on the floor above mat , does the outside air and temp have an effect ? I have just changed my room around as she was tucked away in corner and was wondering if the change has unsettled the temps and as it is now in a more open part of room the air circulating may of affected it ?? She is curled up under the warm hide at the mo but has had a wander, also I have the heat mat under the faun with the faun legs holding it in place, will that be enough air flow gap ? i have a habitat mat 6 x 11 " 7 watt . thanks all
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kopite_di Posted - 04/05/2011 : 15:05:14
Great thanks I will get it now :) x
a33272 Posted - 04/05/2011 : 15:01:21
fauns are only used while there small then u need to start moving up to rubs an vivs. what ya surgested is fine thats what i did. had my corn as a hatching but brought everything to suit a 3 ft viv then just a rub put inside it while she was small
kopite_di Posted - 04/05/2011 : 13:43:28
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

that temp range sounds fine and is typical of that type of stat
don't panic!!

thank you, while i have you which is better faunarium or viv ? and could i get a 3ft viv but keep her in the faunarium inside the viv until she is bigger, i have been offered a viv :) also are the infr red thermometers a good idea? i had 1 for my bearded dragon :)
gingerpony Posted - 04/05/2011 : 13:18:37
that temp range sounds fine and is typical of that type of stat
don't panic!!
kopite_di Posted - 04/05/2011 : 13:15:13
thank you, so it wont harm her to have 1 or 2 degree change ??
a33272 Posted - 04/05/2011 : 12:58:49
if your using a on/off mat stat, u will get a few degrees fluctuation its just how they operate

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000