The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 New Viv Requirements

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Em0777 Posted - 01/05/2011 : 19:34:06
Mrs Brown needs a new home, (mainly so I can get another baby so need her faunarium lol) Ive seen a nice viv with measurements 19inches high, 24inches long, 15inches deep would that be OK for her long term home? Also, what sort of heating would she need now she cant have her mat? Thanks :)
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gingerpony Posted - 01/05/2011 : 21:32:03
that's a pretty tall viv for a corn, i'd go for a 24" x 15" x 15" or, as lota said, buy bigger and section it off, a 36" x 18" viv should be adequate for your average corn for the rest of it's life
i'd also stick with heatmats for corns
lotabob Posted - 01/05/2011 : 20:47:55
2 foot is a good start but you will need to upgrade to a 3 maybe even a 4 foot viv as she grows. The alternative is save money long term, buy a 4 and section it off so only parts of it are used then as she grows you can just move the divider.

You can still use a heat mat in a vivarium for corn snakes, but if you want you can move to bulbs or ceramics but its not needed. If you want some info on how to set up a bulb/ceramic heating system, have a look at theroyalpython.co.uk as its needed with royals there is a lot more info on it.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000