New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Em0777
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
32 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2011 :  19:34:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mrs Brown needs a new home, (mainly so I can get another baby so need her faunarium lol) Ive seen a nice viv with measurements 19inches high, 24inches long, 15inches deep would that be OK for her long term home? Also, what sort of heating would she need now she cant have her mat? Thanks :)

Not forgetting the Tortoises, and the Chickens!!
*Essex*

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2011 :  20:47:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
2 foot is a good start but you will need to upgrade to a 3 maybe even a 4 foot viv as she grows. The alternative is save money long term, buy a 4 and section it off so only parts of it are used then as she grows you can just move the divider.

You can still use a heat mat in a vivarium for corn snakes, but if you want you can move to bulbs or ceramics but its not needed. If you want some info on how to set up a bulb/ceramic heating system, have a look at theroyalpython.co.uk as its needed with royals there is a lot more info on it.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2011 :  21:32:03  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
that's a pretty tall viv for a corn, i'd go for a 24" x 15" x 15" or, as lota said, buy bigger and section it off, a 36" x 18" viv should be adequate for your average corn for the rest of it's life
i'd also stick with heatmats for corns

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000