The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Sunbathing!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
oakleyman18 Posted - 01/05/2011 : 11:11:06
I know the weathers quite good in the UK at the moment, but I didn't know corns were known for basking..! Is it normal behaviour? At first I thought maybe he was a bit chilly, but his warm end is reading 28C with the heat mat, so why is he chilling out under the lamp?? Is he just too cool to hide away?

6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
a33272 Posted - 01/05/2011 : 13:22:55
What sort of lamp is it he's under? Is he heat la
P a normal house bulb energy saving etc. It might just be he simply decided he fancied a rest in that spot my corn often just curls up for no reason in strange places he was asleep the other day half in a hide half under bridge with her head resting on water bowl.
Ailsa Posted - 01/05/2011 : 11:32:44
I thought if you have a heat mat then you don't need a heat lamp too? As Lou said he could be too warm?
Invalid User Posted - 01/05/2011 : 11:30:06
So you have a heat lamp and heat mat? The lamp statted too?

Maybe it's that he is too hot so has moved away from the heatmat? I really don't know tbh as I don't use any lamps.

Am sure others can help :)
oakleyman18 Posted - 01/05/2011 : 11:20:43
Yeah, that is my question.. But if it's 28C in the warm end, why is he trying to heat himself up more? Isn't 28C supposed to be the top range of what they feel comfortable with? He is a VERY tame snake, always out and about, but just thought I'd ask the question!
Invalid User Posted - 01/05/2011 : 11:18:40
I'm confused by the question lol

Is that a heat lamp? Surely he's uder there to get warm or am I missing the point?
Ailsa Posted - 01/05/2011 : 11:18:17
He may be cold and warming himself up or he may be just basking under the heat lamp.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000