The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Feeding question.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
rubberbiscuit Posted - 26/04/2011 : 18:01:09
Just wondering whats the best way to feed your corn snake??
Ive had Kiora a week now so I got him out to give him his first feed. Went great, he didnt try and strike at me (although he did behave like a possessed shoelace!!LOL) and although he ignored his pinkie at first I shut him in a smaller tub with it whilst I changed kitchen towel in his faun. Then I looked up to see 'nom, nom ,nom!'
My question is what should you do after they have fed?? leave them a while or put them straight back?? I ended up putting the small container in the faun so he could squiggle out on his own.
I think it will be better to fed him out of the faun, esp when I go over to aspen but dont want to give him indigestion..
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lotabob Posted - 26/04/2011 : 21:37:54
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

I do that with mine, specially the Boa, she is in feeding mode for ages after...

i feed all my boas in their vivs, there's no way i'm sticking my hand in to get out a hungry boa that can smell a rabbit defrosting!!!

Yeah I'm just waiting to see where I go with feeding when Sanke is a bit bigger, she'll not be as big as your Dums though, I don't blame you at all for not getting anywhere between snake and dinner.
SexyBear77 Posted - 26/04/2011 : 20:56:53
I feed all of mine in their vivs or tubs, straight on top of whatever substrate they have got. Its quick and easy, no need for moving them about, no risk of getting bitten, no viv defensiveness- no problems whatsoever.
gingerpony Posted - 26/04/2011 : 20:47:39
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

I do that with mine, specially the Boa, she is in feeding mode for ages after...

i feed all my boas in their vivs, there's no way i'm sticking my hand in to get out a hungry boa that can smell a rabbit defrosting!!!
rubberbiscuit Posted - 26/04/2011 : 20:34:20
Great, I'll reckon I will stick to this system then.
Although Ive only had Kiora a week so I think he's still in 'run away' mode rather then feeding mode most of the time!LOL
Ailsa Posted - 26/04/2011 : 20:04:35
I feed mine in a little rub and once she's finished her nom nom's i let her move out of the little rub herself back into faun and under her warm hide she goes lol
Mamma Posted - 26/04/2011 : 19:13:41
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

if i've fed one out of the viv i'll leave it 10-15 mins to come down from feeding mode

I do this too
lotabob Posted - 26/04/2011 : 18:59:34
I do that with mine, specially the Boa, she is in feeding mode for ages after, I'm sure she would have a pop if I went straight in. I have tubs shallow enough to just tilt and let them leave of their own accord once the mouse hits the stomach.
gingerpony Posted - 26/04/2011 : 18:57:31
if i've fed one out of the viv i'll leave it 10-15 mins to come down from feeding mode
ravensgirl Posted - 26/04/2011 : 18:41:03
It's definitely a good idea to feed your snake outside the viv if you're using anything other than kitchen roll/newspaper. I would wait for a while before putting him back in or if its a small enough container let him move from the small container to his faun with a little bit of coaxing to get him in the right direction.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000