The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Do you let your snake out in the garden

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MrsA82 Posted - 23/04/2011 : 18:42:29
Ive seen pictures of people letting there snake crawl In the garden
And was wondering what people thought about it and do you let your snake crawl in your garden

Just asking as I thought the snake might pick up creepy crawlies
That might not be good for the snake
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
meggi Posted - 24/04/2011 : 10:38:01
i let Tobasco out, mainly on the grass. As long as you watch them, they should be ok. I always wait until warm weather, so he doesnt get to cold. When ever he has been out, i always give him a quick rinse with luke warm water. The only thing id only watch for is ticks from the grass. Our grass is normally kept short, so it shouldn`t be a problem.

Meg x :)

Kehhlyr Posted - 23/04/2011 : 19:34:08
Funnily enough I just took mine out in the garden and wondered why Charlotte went into a massive instant mental fit.
Then realised that Alice (the ferret) had been out wandering on her lead about 3 hours before hand in the same place.

I still then took the others out, just stayed away from where Alice had been wandering, got some good pics as well. Natural light and sunlight can really show up the colours/markings on snakes.

Mine are never more than about 12 inches away from my hands when they do go in the garden.
lotabob Posted - 23/04/2011 : 19:13:54
I've taken my Royal outside briefly to introduce him to the neighbours but I would never set them down outside, too many risks/worries/concerns. It would be just my look that the massive heron that occasionally hides on my balcony would swoop down and have them.
Invalid User Posted - 23/04/2011 : 18:55:55
I wouldn't with my corns or anything that size. Maybe would with a lazy royal or a big boa but would just be to get pics, wouldn't be something I would do everyday.
herriotfan Posted - 23/04/2011 : 18:52:23
Personally I don't let my snakes slither about in the garden. I'd be too worried about escapes and bugs!
If they go outside they're wrapped around my arm or neck.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000