The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 is he getting used to me?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
esox Posted - 23/04/2011 : 07:44:52
my anery when i first got him would shy away and hide if i even looked at him in his faun, had him 2 months now from a hatchling, but now if I look in his faun he will come right up to the front of the faun and just look at me, likewise, if i move anything about in his faun now he doesnt even flinch, does this mean he has finally accepted me and sees me as no threat?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
herriotfan Posted - 23/04/2011 : 11:07:22
Certainly sounds like a happy settled snake to me, that's great!
Mort13 Posted - 23/04/2011 : 09:36:25
Aww bless,it sounds like he's feeling very settled in his home now,and with you.
gregDT Posted - 23/04/2011 : 08:38:27
I would guess he's now settled in and is happier about his surroundings. A new home is a stressful time for a snake, lots of new smells, textures and sounds. Now he's been in his home for a few months and nothing dreadful has happened he's settling down. If you've not been handling him now would probably be a good time to start. As to getting used to you as an owner I think it's mainly going to be down to scent rather than your appearance. I might be corrected but I don't think snakes recognise people by sight. I always use the same make of hand gel when I handle my Corn and I ask anyone else who is going to pick him up to do likewise. Apart from the hygiene issue I work on the basis that if everyone smells the same (the gel is unscented but still has a distinctive smell) then he will be calmer as he will assume it's the same person, thing, odd moving tree that he is climbing on.
Red123 Posted - 23/04/2011 : 08:36:24
I would say so. He must feel like part of the family now.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000