The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Another feeding question

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ailsa Posted - 20/04/2011 : 11:23:17
Sorry for all these questions.
When dakota is ready to move up to 2 pinkies per feed should there be time in between giving them or can I feed the 2 at the same time?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Only1Nitro Posted - 21/04/2011 : 23:18:12
i remember being told by my pet shop 1 pinkie every 7 days, seems everyone has their way
Danny919 Posted - 20/04/2011 : 14:12:27
Thank you 4 ur reply. Much appriciated
Invalid User Posted - 20/04/2011 : 13:54:51
quote:
Originally posted by Danny919

With you asking this question it got me thinking. The pet shop i bought my snake from told me that the feeding routine for the snake i bought was every sunday and wednesday on a nyt time, is it best feeding him like that or 2 pinkies at once like you? Or does it depend on the snake?

Sunday and wednesday feeding is a bit close together. You could just give one pinky every 5 days. If that pinky isn't leaving much of a bump then you could go for 2 pinkies every 7 days.
Mort13 Posted - 20/04/2011 : 13:46:05
Don't apologise for asking questions,its the best way to learn.
With mine I did as gingerpony said. I just waited for the first food item to get down to about halfway and then offered another.
Danny919 Posted - 20/04/2011 : 13:45:52
With you asking this question it got me thinking. The pet shop i bought my snake from told me that the feeding routine for the snake i bought was every sunday and wednesday on a nyt time, is it best feeding him like that or 2 pinkies at once like you? Or does it depend on the snake?
Ailsa Posted - 20/04/2011 : 11:37:59
thank you for that, am keeping notes on what to do to keep myself right so i will write this down
gingerpony Posted - 20/04/2011 : 11:33:54
you can either wait for her to finish the 1st one or follow on (place the head of the 2nd food item in the snake's mouth as it's just swallowing the 1st one)
i'd recommend the first option in this instance but the 2nd method is useful in the right circumstances eg. when moving a snake from mice onto rats, offer a mouse first then follow on with a rat

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000