Another feeding question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2011 :  11:23:17  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sorry for all these questions.
When dakota is ready to move up to 2 pinkies per feed should there be time in between giving them or can I feed the 2 at the same time?

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2011 :  11:33:54  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
you can either wait for her to finish the 1st one or follow on (place the head of the 2nd food item in the snake's mouth as it's just swallowing the 1st one)
i'd recommend the first option in this instance but the 2nd method is useful in the right circumstances eg. when moving a snake from mice onto rats, offer a mouse first then follow on with a rat

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2011 :  11:37:59  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
thank you for that, am keeping notes on what to do to keep myself right so i will write this down

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.
Go to Top of Page

Danny919
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
30 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2011 :  13:45:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With you asking this question it got me thinking. The pet shop i bought my snake from told me that the feeding routine for the snake i bought was every sunday and wednesday on a nyt time, is it best feeding him like that or 2 pinkies at once like you? Or does it depend on the snake?
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2011 :  13:46:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't apologise for asking questions,its the best way to learn.
With mine I did as gingerpony said. I just waited for the first food item to get down to about halfway and then offered another.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2011 :  13:54:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Danny919

With you asking this question it got me thinking. The pet shop i bought my snake from told me that the feeding routine for the snake i bought was every sunday and wednesday on a nyt time, is it best feeding him like that or 2 pinkies at once like you? Or does it depend on the snake?

Sunday and wednesday feeding is a bit close together. You could just give one pinky every 5 days. If that pinky isn't leaving much of a bump then you could go for 2 pinkies every 7 days.
Go to Top of Page

Danny919
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
30 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2011 :  14:12:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you 4 ur reply. Much appriciated
Go to Top of Page

Only1Nitro
Hatchling

United Kingdom
160 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2011 :  23:18:12  Show Profile  Visit Only1Nitro's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i remember being told by my pet shop 1 pinkie every 7 days, seems everyone has their way

Male Charcoal = Sterling
Female Carolina = Fofo
Female Butter = Amarelo
12 Eggs
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000