The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 opinions...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Laws Posted - 18/04/2011 : 22:41:58
so the suns been out and the weather is lush , i was just wondering would it be ok to take the two fauns outside while im sitting in the garden ? obviously i wouldnt be gettin them out to slide around due to parasites or nastys that could be out there , but in their fauns ? just wondered if any of u do , or if u think its a good idea?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ailsa Posted - 19/04/2011 : 13:33:18
i have the sun streaming into my dining room so am planning to take pics of dakota in the sunlight and maybe have her on a white background to show off her beautiful colours. Because i've only just got her she's been mostly all curled up hiding so not really been able to get nice pics.
Laws Posted - 19/04/2011 : 12:13:19
yup i shall scratch that then , and not do it :) just took some pics of a freshly shed kai outside then popped him back.
gingerpony Posted - 19/04/2011 : 08:27:35
they wouldn't naturally be out in direct sunlight given a choice and fauns will have the 'greenhouse effect' of getting stupidly hot
Laws Posted - 18/04/2011 : 23:27:07
okies just wondered wouldnt wanna do anythin that would cause them more stress than good , as we kno somethings we think would be great but arent in reality . i wanna get a few pics of them in the sun light as our living room doesnt get as much sun . but i do think taking the fauns out in the sunlight would be more hassle , thanks for ur thoughts :)
lotabob Posted - 18/04/2011 : 23:03:12
For an animal that is crepuscular sitting out in the sun will probably be quite stressful and if your taking the whole faun outside then they will just hide and serve no purpose. I do sit at dusk on my balcony and will sometimes take one of the snakes out with me but not for a long time. Oddly its the shy Royal that seems to enjoy a bit of afternoon sun more than the corn and will happily lay out on my lap and bask. The Boa hasn't had the privelege yet.
gmac Posted - 18/04/2011 : 22:46:22
personally I dont, would be too much of a pain trying to sort temps out again when I brought them back in
kdlang Posted - 18/04/2011 : 22:45:45
I sit outside with mine on my lap but I don't think I would have them in fauns out in the sun as they could get very warm

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000