The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Hides?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Red123 Posted - 17/04/2011 : 15:32:22
Can you ever put too many hides in? Or is that just not possible.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Spreebok Posted - 19/04/2011 : 01:20:55
So long as theres a cold and hot hide, they dont really care!
Though, mine are spoilt, and have a few for aesthetic reasons!
Lister has an exoterra cave, one of those snake hides with the removable lid filled with aspen (he loves that one, burrows in right underneath it all!), a toilet roll, one of those star shaped leaved fake plants, and another silk aquarium plant, divided into bunches and placed around.
Rimmer is a bit more spoilt, but he's more active. He has 2 coconut hides, a small log hut (small habbahut), toilet roll, exoterra cave packed with aspen, a branch, another big leaf covering thing, and a bit of the aquarium plant, which is attached to a sucker, which is attached the side of the geo, as he loves climbing! The large plant is attatched to the branch, and he likes to sit in the very top of it!
Mort13 Posted - 17/04/2011 : 23:05:55
Loki has a coconut hide in the warm end,a mouse toy in the cool end,toilet roll in the middle,a vine with ivy wrapped round and a piece of wood. He uses the coconut,the mouse toy,the vine and buries himself in the aspen.
Falcor has the same but with an exo terra hide instead of a coconut. He uses the exoterra (either lying in or on),his vine and his fave is to lie under his piece of wood.
Both very different bless them.
Strawb Posted - 17/04/2011 : 20:35:46
Mixix's got a warm end hide and a cold end hide, a branch to climb on and his water bowl. He seems perfectly happy with the arrangement.
Sta~ple Posted - 17/04/2011 : 20:34:35
I don't like putting too many hides in as it means they can't burrow XD
eeji Posted - 17/04/2011 : 20:31:52
no, theres no such thing as too many hides. Instead of using 'cave' type hides, maybe use lots of fake foliage, it enables the snake to hide in/under and also gives them something to climb around on/in.
Invalid User Posted - 17/04/2011 : 15:55:23
Maybe all corns are different but alot of mine really don't use hides so I don't put many in. They have one in each end but I like them to have space to move around the floor of the rub. Quite often mine will stretch out along the base and if there were too many hides they wouldn't be able to do that.
Ailsa Posted - 17/04/2011 : 15:47:39
I am just starting with a beginners faun set up which had the hide, bark and water bowl, thats why i wanna add more stuff for her to climb on, hide in and keep her happy.
Red123 Posted - 17/04/2011 : 15:45:48
Just curious as I have just added another egg box to Franks house. He now has 2 warm hides, 2 cool hides and one that is half and half.
Ailsa Posted - 17/04/2011 : 15:40:46
Well im just a learner but i think its impossible for a snake to have too many hides. My dakota is only 12 weeks old, i got her last weekend, at the mo she has 1 hide, a bark piece she loves hiding under and a loo roll. Next week am gonna get her some green stuff, take out the divider in her beginner faun and put in the green stuff and more loo roll tubes lol, she'll love investigating it when i put her back in.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000