The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Not eating and strange behaviour

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
crease83 Posted - 15/04/2011 : 21:32:08
Hey guys one of my corns has not eaten for four weeks now, I have tried all the the things that I have seen on other post, leaving in over night, braining, smaller size and even took him for a drive but nothing. Also today he was doing somthing very strang: he but his head on top of his body and then as if to chase his head he would coil round so that his head ran up his body and the speed he did it at was amazing.

Any ideas/help you can give.

He/she is 4ft7 and is in a 50L RUB hot end is at 30 and cool end is at 24.5 reading is digital and mat is ran on a stat. He is also on newspaper.

Thanks
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
crease83 Posted - 15/05/2011 : 08:44:01
He has eaten I am so happy, 8 weeks on the nose :) we have been the vets cause he had an RI so was on anti biotics which he finished a few days ago, tried a feed yesterday no luck, put him back into a viv as he was in a rub and he had a fuzzy left over from the others so thought I would try him again and he snapped it away, could he prefer the Viv to his RUB??
kdlang Posted - 21/04/2011 : 14:46:34
One of my males only shed 4 weeks ago and is blue again. I'm not sure if they shed more often during breeding season or if its due to the spot on his nose that he has rubbed sore from trying to get out of his viv.
crease83 Posted - 21/04/2011 : 13:03:58
Hey I need some more advice on this one. He/she has gone into blue however the last shed was only 3 weeks ago is it normal to have sheds so close together??

Thanks
gingerpony Posted - 16/04/2011 : 15:18:42
it's 'normal'* for kings..........not for corns though

* 'normal' as in 'not uncommon', stupid kings, will even eat themselves!!
crease83 Posted - 16/04/2011 : 12:25:05
Thanks. Is it normal for them to bite themselves to as have seen him do that today aswel?
gingerpony Posted - 16/04/2011 : 09:28:26
set up sounds fine, i'd put it down to time of year, 4 weeks is nothing for a snake to not eat, just monitor his weight every 2-4 weeks for any weight loss
crease83 Posted - 15/04/2011 : 22:35:30
That's a relief. Not twitching keeps trying to find a way out of his rub though.
lizard800 Posted - 15/04/2011 : 22:08:53
Mine is doing the same thing, its oddly unsettling to wake up in the night to a snake just shifting from side to side making full eye contact with me.
He isnt touching any mice im putting in there either. Maybe a cold shower...
montyboy Posted - 15/04/2011 : 21:50:13
I would also say a horny, is he /she twitching?
lotabob Posted - 15/04/2011 : 21:42:08
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

The chasing of the body or running up his own body is something that male snakes generally do to females.
To me this sounds like a perfect example of horny snake, but with some self confusion in there as well.

HAHA you have just discovered and documented snake self pleasure.
Kehhlyr Posted - 15/04/2011 : 21:38:58
The chasing of the body or running up his own body is something that male snakes generally do to females.
To me this sounds like a perfect example of horny snake, but with some self confusion in there as well.

Don't hold me to that though either, it's always nice to get the opinion of other people experienced in the entire breeding/mating routine as well.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000