The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 measurements

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Laws Posted - 13/04/2011 : 15:36:55
hey just a quick one , how do u all measure ur snakes? i have weighed ours , but would like to get measurements ? whats the best way to do this ? x
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
MightyMouse Posted - 19/04/2011 : 13:50:34
just measured mine with a dressmakers tape measure. she was spread out on the sofa an i lay the tape measure along side her she was 2 inches short of 5 foot. give or take an inch or 2 .
kdlang Posted - 19/04/2011 : 10:38:27
I use snake measurer every 3 months or so. I do also measure sheds and record this but I find it can be pretty unreliable because they can stretch different amounts each time. In fact I think last time one of mine shed, it had shrunk according to the shed measurements lol
ptmbradley Posted - 19/04/2011 : 10:38:09
I'll vouch for snake measurer. It's brilliant and so simple! :)

Just as well, coz I'm useless at guessing. I was saying my snake was a little over a foot, when she is actually nearly 20 inches...

EDIT: Weighing. What scales are best for that? Digital obviously, but are kitchen weighing scales ok, or is there another way I'm not aware of? :)

Pete
Sammysnake Posted - 19/04/2011 : 09:18:01
I've given up on the string method as they are way too wiggly! I just measure the shed then deduct 10%. It may not be entirely accurate but as I measure them this way every time they shed it does show the change from one shed to another.
Kehhlyr Posted - 13/04/2011 : 17:29:17
Snake measurer: http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12179
fone Posted - 13/04/2011 : 17:04:19
there is a program on here somewhere (i found it reading through old threads) that you take an airel photo of the snake next to something like a ruler. then you measure how long the ruler, or box, or what ever is, and it compares it next to the snake. i used it and it worked great. snake doesnt need to be laying flat. and string is just a pain for me.

maybe one of the older members will remember what it was called...
Lucy1012 Posted - 13/04/2011 : 15:50:48
not ever having done it, but i think i would probably use a piece of string, then measure that ;-)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000