The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 F10 queries

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
esox Posted - 04/03/2011 : 12:18:13
just got some F10sc

this the right stuff? basically im getting a new corn, so want to disinfect a rub that has been used and the hides and water bowl, do i just add a few mm to warm water and leave it for an hour or so, and dry off?

think I read it didnt need to be rinsed.

just dont want to poison the new baby

cheers ears.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
esox Posted - 04/03/2011 : 17:06:18
great advice guys, going to clean the rub and hides, bowl tonight and pick snakey up tomorrow, the guy in the shop wasnt half right whe he said snake owning was like an addiction
Benji54 Posted - 04/03/2011 : 16:48:25
yep, thats the stuff. did you know you can also buy it in a really good spray bottle, pre diluted? its really handy for cleaning vivs and viv furniture. also kinda sad but the spray bottle is really good!
thistle Posted - 04/03/2011 : 15:48:31
Yes that's the correct stuff.

The dilution is 2ml/litre for general cleaning but as you're cleaning a used rub for a new snake I'd go with 4ml/litre. If you unscrew the lid of the 5ml section and give the bottle a squeeze, it will fill up to give you 5mls of the concentrate. From that you can work out how much either 2 or 4mls is. I find this section bit handy especially as I'm really clumsy and tend to spill things, so at least this way I can only spill 5mls at the most instead if the full 100mls.

F10 is safe to use on animals (there's an episode of Zoo Vet At Large where Matt Brash uses it on a tortoise with shell rot) and I've even heard it being used in a nebuliser with snakes with respiratory infections. There is normally no need to be rinse after use. I've used it on all my animals cages, water bowls, etc for years without rinsing and have never had a problem. Though if you are using the more concentrated 4mls/litre I would probably give the water bowl a quick rinse before filling it just to be on the safe side.
a33272 Posted - 04/03/2011 : 14:06:57
ive never used it so not sure alot of disinfectants work by being allowed to evapourate, but u do normally need to rinse water bowls out etc

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000