The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Is this normal?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
leehale88 Posted - 28/02/2011 : 20:05:47
Hi no big problem but Buzz had his feed today which he enjoyed but he doesnt pounce or constrict which i thought they usually did is it normal?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mina0103 Posted - 01/03/2011 : 00:17:50

nekko wont constrict or strike either. He also tries to eat when no one is watching. Ive only seen him eat twice and he thought id gone but had just gone to make a drink lol. Id love to see him strike n constrict but as long as hes happy n eating its all good. He wont be the last i have so maybe the next will do it.
tehbunneh Posted - 28/02/2011 : 23:05:09
Oh lord, this is more then normal, but I have one that possibly isn't XDD

Of my five:

[*] Conan strikes and constricts most of the time, so I'm told, but also has lazy days where he just grabs and shovels.
    [*] Ripley, the lazy sod, opens his mouth and waits for the mouse to be inserted! I swear down he does!
    [*] Widget strikes, strikes again, then waits for it to be laid in the bottom of the tank I feed it to actually then prod and poke for 10 minutes before starting to eat.
    [*] Dexter hides x.x Truly coils up in a tight ball and hides until the smell of food makes him poke about and finally eat.
    [*] Incy-wincy teeny-tiny Boa'tata strikes, constricts and kill-kill-kills his dinner 100%. He is the only true snake XDDD

There are so many individual ways for these snakes to eat, its ridiculous XDD And sometimes hilarious! I often tell Ripley that he is letting the team down, especially when a snake no bigger then a boot-lace is killing his already dead dinner more then he ever has!
herriotfan Posted - 28/02/2011 : 20:53:58
I have snakes that strike and constrict and others that don't. It's an individual thing. Plus some will sometimes but not others....they like to confuse and keep you guessing!!!
I just think as long as they feed ok then that's all that really matters.
Strawb Posted - 28/02/2011 : 20:33:18
My corn only occasionally strikes. Usually she sniffs at it a lot before going back in her hide. I then lay it down and a few minutes later she picks it up and eats it.
A snake with a bit more decorum I feel.
lotabob Posted - 28/02/2011 : 20:29:28
Spot doesn't strike but he constricts if you give the mouse a little jiggle once he gets hold of it. Do you tweezer feed, if so give the mouse a very gentle wiggle when he bites down.
leehale88 Posted - 28/02/2011 : 20:18:49
ahh ok thanks
kdlang Posted - 28/02/2011 : 20:09:58
Thats fine. Some give big constriction displays, some will strike but not constrict and some (like my Peanut) take it really slowly and gently. It can depend on the snake and on their mood on the day

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000