The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Help ... Exo Terra Jungle Vines

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sparkaly Posted - 21/02/2011 : 19:52:08
I'm just wondering if anybody has used these vines for corn snakes, I bought some but they seem a bit abrasive.

Do you think they would be ok or should I not bother putting them in the Viv.......Charlie loves to climb.

Cheers

20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
thistle Posted - 23/02/2011 : 03:14:12
That looks fantastic!

Lucky Charlie.
Sta~ple Posted - 22/02/2011 : 22:54:10
Ahhh 2 ok. Looks nice though ^^
sparkaly Posted - 22/02/2011 : 22:40:56
LOL yes it begins ( with a big grin on my face )
kdlang Posted - 22/02/2011 : 22:40:30
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

quote:
Originally posted by sparkaly

Cant wait to get another :)

SO IT BEGINS

So very true. Shall we start taking bets how long it will be. i say 6 days
lotabob Posted - 22/02/2011 : 22:37:06
quote:

SO IT BEGINS
sparkaly Posted - 22/02/2011 : 22:34:11
lol. he's not seen the new plants on his vine yet..............4 weeks ago he was i n a reptile shop with only one hide some paper and nothing else. Bet he thinks hes died and gone to heaven LOL :)
kdlang Posted - 22/02/2011 : 22:27:17
He sure looks like he is enjoying himself. I love watching the snakes whenever I have a revamp of their vivs as they spend so long exploring everything
sparkaly Posted - 22/02/2011 : 22:25:33
I got 2 of the large and charlie seems to like them
Sta~ple Posted - 22/02/2011 : 22:23:29
Cheers sparkaly ^^ What size ones did you get? Have been thinking about the vines for a while but I just kinda presumed they were for small reps!
lucyloop Posted - 22/02/2011 : 22:21:31
my vine is really rigid and kind of stands up on its own, have it hooked over the hammock so it creates a bit of a branch.
sparkaly Posted - 22/02/2011 : 22:20:13
I weighed Charlie tonight an he is 509g and 4ft 1inch long. The vines seem ok for him hang on a mo and I'll post a piccy :)
Sta~ple Posted - 22/02/2011 : 22:16:53
Does anyone know if the vines will support the weight of a big adult corn?
sparkaly Posted - 22/02/2011 : 22:15:39
Hopefully Charlie will like it (and i got lots of spare things ready for when I get another corn Shhhhhhhhhh................... Don't tell the other half.
Thanks again xx
kdlang Posted - 22/02/2011 : 22:11:27
You are quick. It takes me ages to get round to putting pics on lol

It looks great
lotabob Posted - 22/02/2011 : 22:08:44
Looking good, that should keep him happy.
sparkaly Posted - 22/02/2011 : 22:05:02
sorted, what do you think
sparkaly Posted - 22/02/2011 : 21:52:15
Thanks kdlang...looking at it, it does look abit bear in the middle, I've got some more green leaves and I shall put them in for Charlie :)
kdlang Posted - 22/02/2011 : 21:35:22
quote:

Right gmac, back on track :-)
I've put the vines in, what do you think ........... anything else you think he needs?

Thanks guys and girls

That looks really good how you have put them in. The only thing i thought of was maybe a fake potted fern or some greeney hooked into the vines in the middle of the viv so snakie has some cover when travelling between cool and warm ends
CentricMalteser Posted - 22/02/2011 : 21:25:40
And shouldnt assume that I was not aware of it either,

Back to the original query

I just bought some leaf vines (fake) and wrapped around the jungle vine, and does look good, bring colour to it as well as hiding any cable hooks youve used for the jungle vine
CentricMalteser Posted - 22/02/2011 : 21:22:58
May be a valid point, but he should really put it in a non sarcastic have it go way and then make stupid comments like "why waste peoples time when you are going to ignore them"

I am not ignoring it what so ever,

and I do have plenty of foilage around the vines, on the ground, which has shadowed and darkened areas, and also given "hiding spaces"

my viv is 2ft width ways and 1ft and half depth and height,

Cecil make look small, due to the angle shot and as you know when snakes curl up then can look small, but she is in fact 1ft 5ins

And this was measured with a) a program which you take a picture of the snake and a ruler, together, put it into this program, you set the measurement by placing one dot at beginning of ruler and one dot at end, typing in the length of that say 15cm

then you point dots along the centre of the snakes body in the picture and gives you the length which is quite accurate

She is also just over the length of one side, (as soon her sliding along side) and this measurment is the same as the above

I appreciate peoples advice and comments, and opinions, but I do not appreciate them put across to me in an arrogant and sarcastic manner, regardless of what their personality is!

quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

DING DING! Ladies ladies, pack it in or I'll get out the paddling pool and jelly.

Mike has a valid point delivered in typical Mike style, going off the picture he does look a bit small but if you are aware of this and have stuff the spaces with hides and foliage then thats all good and well. I had a hatchie (11 inches) in a 2 foot viv jammed full of foliage and he was fine but that cant be a cut and dry bit of advice, some don't fair well in big spaces.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000