The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Quick feeding Question

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lizard800 Posted - 11/02/2011 : 21:37:46
Have just fed my 2 1/2 year old corn, i feed her 2 large mice but i think i will increase it next week, as she is still looking at me as if to tell me "more, bitch" would 3 be a good choice or should i look at trying her with bigger rodents? She is about 4 foot and i think maybe slightly underweight.
Thanks!
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lotabob Posted - 11/02/2011 : 22:29:53
I've been there too, bad advice leads to a overhaul of just about everything you have setup. Two good things come out of it though. (1)You know better next time. (2) There will definitely be a next time.
lizard800 Posted - 11/02/2011 : 22:26:46
lol you are definately not wrong there! This is the first snake i have ever had and ive only had her for a few months, so its all an education
lotabob Posted - 11/02/2011 : 22:20:25
4!!! That is mad. There is one thing you will learn very quickly, pet shops are good at selling animals, cages, decor and food. They arepoopat giving advice.
lizard800 Posted - 11/02/2011 : 22:15:33
Good thing i didnt listen when the girl in the pet shop said feed her 4 a week, i knew that was crazy! I will get a picture of her up in a couple of days when i take her out.
lotabob Posted - 11/02/2011 : 22:00:24
quote:
Originally posted by TimClynes

My girl is well over 5 feet and she gets 1 large mouse every week. (She doesn't like anything larger than that)

Anything more is over feeding in my opinion unless there is a reason to be doing so, such as building up an under weight snake.
n/a Posted - 11/02/2011 : 21:51:44
My girl is well over 5 feet and she gets 1 large mouse every week. (She doesn't like anything larger than that)
lotabob Posted - 11/02/2011 : 21:46:20
3 large mice in a sitting sounds like a lot to be honest so does 2, specially as she is only 4 foot, she isn't what I would call huge. They always look at you as if to say more, opportunist feeders will eat anything put in front of them. You need to resist the urge to think she is hungry, they don't work that way and concentrate on feeding her a healthy amount of food so avoid her getting too fat. Snakes at that age/size are normally on 1 large mouse a fortnight.

What makes you think she is under weight, what bodyshape is she (triangular, loaf of bread, round)?

Post a full body picture and we'll give you our opinion.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000