Quick feeding Question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lizard800
Snake Mite

12 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2011 :  21:37:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have just fed my 2 1/2 year old corn, i feed her 2 large mice but i think i will increase it next week, as she is still looking at me as if to tell me "more, bitch" would 3 be a good choice or should i look at trying her with bigger rodents? She is about 4 foot and i think maybe slightly underweight.
Thanks!

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2011 :  21:46:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
3 large mice in a sitting sounds like a lot to be honest so does 2, specially as she is only 4 foot, she isn't what I would call huge. They always look at you as if to say more, opportunist feeders will eat anything put in front of them. You need to resist the urge to think she is hungry, they don't work that way and concentrate on feeding her a healthy amount of food so avoid her getting too fat. Snakes at that age/size are normally on 1 large mouse a fortnight.

What makes you think she is under weight, what bodyshape is she (triangular, loaf of bread, round)?

Post a full body picture and we'll give you our opinion.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky

Edited by - lotabob on 11/02/2011 21:47:32
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

50 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2011 :  21:51:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My girl is well over 5 feet and she gets 1 large mouse every week. (She doesn't like anything larger than that)
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2011 :  22:00:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TimClynes

My girl is well over 5 feet and she gets 1 large mouse every week. (She doesn't like anything larger than that)

Anything more is over feeding in my opinion unless there is a reason to be doing so, such as building up an under weight snake.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

Go to Top of Page

lizard800
Snake Mite

12 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2011 :  22:15:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good thing i didnt listen when the girl in the pet shop said feed her 4 a week, i knew that was crazy! I will get a picture of her up in a couple of days when i take her out.
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2011 :  22:20:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
4!!! That is mad. There is one thing you will learn very quickly, pet shops are good at selling animals, cages, decor and food. They arepoopat giving advice.

Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Budwing Mantis, MAIA

Go to Top of Page

lizard800
Snake Mite

12 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2011 :  22:26:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol you are definately not wrong there! This is the first snake i have ever had and ive only had her for a few months, so its all an education
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2011 :  22:29:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been there too, bad advice leads to a overhaul of just about everything you have setup. Two good things come out of it though. (1)You know better next time. (2) There will definitely be a next time.

Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Budwing Mantis, MAIA

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000