The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 heat mat advice using a stat

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ilovemypets1988 Posted - 31/01/2011 : 18:57:39
hi all, after seeing several debates over whether a heat mat can/can not be used with a stat, i have found a company on ebay saying exactly what all of u have been saying about giving the wrong advise and thought that you all could use this as an example for new keepers, the item number is: 160348736953
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 01/02/2011 : 09:40:58
Whilst in the process of setting my new viv up, the instructions that came with mat and sat helped to a certain degree, but with any genertic material it always helps having others advice and experience. Research is the key, don't just accept whats written on a piece of paper.
ilovemypets1988 Posted - 01/02/2011 : 00:37:48
i just thought that with whats been said countless times with getting the wrong advice, i just thought that i will get hold of something to use as an example of what is usually sed so that all of you more experienced people can refer bk to it thas all guys and gals
Kehhlyr Posted - 01/02/2011 : 00:21:08
This is because heat mats are quite often used in large scale areas to provide a slightly warmer environment.
I still use unstatted heatmats in the greenhouse to provide a bit of warmth in early spring for the little seedlings.

As it states, 'normal conditions', hence why I highlighted the bit that said about if animals have particular requirements.
As in the post I first put that pic in, I asked then what are the requirements for a cornsnake????
lotabob Posted - 01/02/2011 : 00:08:45
I love it, just above said highlighted section, 'under normal conditions the mat cannot burn the animal'. Normal conditions should be statted surely.

I bought a komodo mat and it said use with or without a thermostat. MENTAL!
Kehhlyr Posted - 31/01/2011 : 23:44:40
Pearoast:

Clicky for MASSIVE sized to read specifically the highlighted section.
ilovemypets1988 Posted - 31/01/2011 : 20:00:24
the 1 that i got had practically no instructions what so ever tbh
Invalid User Posted - 31/01/2011 : 19:58:53
The thing is some people also don't bother reading instructions for a heat mat and just plug it in.

All the heatmats I have bought clearly state that a stat should be used with the mat.
ilovemypets1988 Posted - 31/01/2011 : 19:32:44
email sent
ilovemypets1988 Posted - 31/01/2011 : 19:28:54
doing so now, but thought that if more of u could aswel, he maybe more inclined to listen
lotabob Posted - 31/01/2011 : 19:24:00
Emailed the guy to ask him to change his listing as its incorrect (not to mention he would sell more without saying you dont need one). Education is the way forward.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000