heat mat advice using a stat
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ilovemypets1988
Hatchling

United Kingdom
328 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2011 :  18:57:39  Show Profile  Click to see ilovemypets1988's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hi all, after seeing several debates over whether a heat mat can/can not be used with a stat, i have found a company on ebay saying exactly what all of u have been saying about giving the wrong advise and thought that you all could use this as an example for new keepers, the item number is: 160348736953

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2011 :  19:24:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Emailed the guy to ask him to change his listing as its incorrect (not to mention he would sell more without saying you dont need one). Education is the way forward.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

ilovemypets1988
Hatchling

United Kingdom
328 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2011 :  19:28:54  Show Profile  Click to see ilovemypets1988's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
doing so now, but thought that if more of u could aswel, he maybe more inclined to listen
Go to Top of Page

ilovemypets1988
Hatchling

United Kingdom
328 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2011 :  19:32:44  Show Profile  Click to see ilovemypets1988's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
email sent
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2011 :  19:58:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The thing is some people also don't bother reading instructions for a heat mat and just plug it in.

All the heatmats I have bought clearly state that a stat should be used with the mat.
Go to Top of Page

ilovemypets1988
Hatchling

United Kingdom
328 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2011 :  20:00:24  Show Profile  Click to see ilovemypets1988's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
the 1 that i got had practically no instructions what so ever tbh
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2011 :  23:44:40  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Pearoast:

Clicky for MASSIVE sized to read specifically the highlighted section.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2011 :  00:08:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love it, just above said highlighted section, 'under normal conditions the mat cannot burn the animal'. Normal conditions should be statted surely.

I bought a komodo mat and it said use with or without a thermostat. MENTAL!

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky

Edited by - lotabob on 01/02/2011 00:09:27
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2011 :  00:21:08  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
This is because heat mats are quite often used in large scale areas to provide a slightly warmer environment.
I still use unstatted heatmats in the greenhouse to provide a bit of warmth in early spring for the little seedlings.

As it states, 'normal conditions', hence why I highlighted the bit that said about if animals have particular requirements.
As in the post I first put that pic in, I asked then what are the requirements for a cornsnake????

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

ilovemypets1988
Hatchling

United Kingdom
328 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2011 :  00:37:48  Show Profile  Click to see ilovemypets1988's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i just thought that with whats been said countless times with getting the wrong advice, i just thought that i will get hold of something to use as an example of what is usually sed so that all of you more experienced people can refer bk to it thas all guys and gals
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

288 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2011 :  09:40:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whilst in the process of setting my new viv up, the instructions that came with mat and sat helped to a certain degree, but with any genertic material it always helps having others advice and experience. Research is the key, don't just accept whats written on a piece of paper.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000