The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Viv backing

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Tiswas Posted - 30/01/2011 : 11:12:15
Hi all, I have one viv that my little baby is in at the moment. The problem is, I'm getting increasing dissatisfied with the look of it! It's a second hand one my sister's boyfriend lent me until s/he's big enough to go into a big one that I will buy (or get my lovely OH to build not that he knows it yet). The one at the moment was I think built by Jason's dad and has a horrible plain white backboard and I'm getting sick of looking at it.
It was suggested that I paint it however that would mean moving snakey and all of his stuff out until the fumes disperse. Has anyone else done anything other than paint?
I'm also planning a massive overhaul of snakey's decor and giving a lot more places to hide so I'm not sure if just getting more plants and things will satisfy my need to change the backboard or not.
Sorry about the massive post! Anyone got any ideas for covering it or do we think just leave it and hide it with plants and stuff?
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
thistle Posted - 30/01/2011 : 14:40:31
Barnaby needs to grow a fair bit first, but I have already planned out what his viv is going to look like (sad I know), a Vx48 with lots of vines and artificial plants and fish tank backing. It's cheap to buy but gives a good effect and really finishes off the look of the viv.
mikerichards Posted - 30/01/2011 : 11:26:04
Something quick and easy is a backing from a tropical fish tank, you can get any size any length and can be more or less anything you want (limited to stock of course). just cut it to the size you need and you can either stick it on, or, what i had, take the back off completely and when you tack it back on, you can tack the picture on too.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000