The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Bit of Advice Required Please

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Newbie Posted - 28/01/2011 : 16:35:34
Hi,

Got Vin out for his feed last night and he didn't seem to feel comfortable eating, he would go over but then appear to get distracted. I'm not overly concerned as I had just moved his faun into a different room and think this has unsettled him. There's been no other changes bar the siting of the viv.

My question is whether anyone has left the pinkie in the faun in a plastic dish before? Vin has aspen as a substrate and I don't want him ingesting any of it, would it be safe to leave the pinkie in a plastic dish for him to take in his own time? Or is it likely he'd drag it out and have a side order of aspen with it?

Thanks x
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Newbie Posted - 28/01/2011 : 19:09:10
Thanks for the replies everyone

I've popped a lid off a small plastic RUB in the faun with the pinkie on it and hopefully he'll happen across it and eat it later. He seems rather moody lately, he doesn't have cloudy eyes and his upper body seems bright enough but I'm wondering if he's approaching a shed, he normally eats great.

Ah well, fingers crossed! x
Paul Hume Posted - 28/01/2011 : 18:17:36
Hi there,

My boy has a corn that was a bit of a pain to feed when we first got him, I found putting her in a small box (with holes) with the pinkie and then covering it up so it's nice and dark and then put it back into its home like that. Leave for a few hours and then have a peek to see if it has gone.

Worked for us anyway.
Kehhlyr Posted - 28/01/2011 : 17:09:12
Pinkie on a decent sized plate, or inside a small tub in the faun for a few hours should be ok.
The ingestion of substrate is more so if they take in a fair bit of it or large bits.
MrsA82 Posted - 28/01/2011 : 17:05:29
Could you maybe put him in a plastic tub with the pinkie inside the viv for an hour or so? Just a thought.... I'm new to this, but just what I've read as I was worried Lola wasn't gonna eat so was getting prepared and researching!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000