The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Bulb gone?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
phil2 Posted - 25/01/2011 : 01:55:56
I think the bulb haas gone in the snakes tank unforntly so tommo im going to get a new bulb does it jjst need screwing im, the light is stil on the thermostat so i presume that its working its just the bulb thas gone . Do thet go quite easily not had it very long id say mayb 5 6 months. ?
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mikerichards Posted - 28/01/2011 : 17:13:44
Most of the time the whole bulb guard has to come off the viv, but you can just screw it back into the same position it was in before, it wont harm it.
Sta~ple Posted - 28/01/2011 : 14:08:31
quote:
Originally posted by a33272

quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

To be fair, I've bought bulbs for vivs and come back with the wrong type and I have always wondered how you change a bulb with a bulb guard around the bulb?

il always take then out the box and check there what i need before i buy them, as for the guard question hmmmmmmmm il let you decide what you think you would have to do x

Wish I did that! I'd go to the petshop needing a new bulb, not checking what ones were in my viv currently and coming back with the wrong ones XD

You'll are so mean! I ment does the bulb guard have like a little door or something your open to get the bulb out or do you have to unscrew the guard, change bulb and re-screw the guard in again XD the latter way seems like it would damage the wood if done repeatedly but it's the only viable way I can see how one would do it. I would think it has an openable side but the descriptions for bulb guards never say if they do or not so I wouldn't know XD
simonw Posted - 27/01/2011 : 18:22:52
quote:
Originally posted by mikerichards

quote:

To be fair, I've bought bulbs for vivs and come back with the wrong type and I have always wondered how you change a bulb with a bulb guard around the bulb?

I could be really mean here!! As for the guard, I find taking it off first quite handy!!
Too be fair though, I made a bulb guard a few years ago, I was tired and not thinking.
The guard itself was great, really nice to look at and would work really well, it was one that would sit between the pieces, kinda like a lampshade does.
All was going great until I finished and realised that the downside of a one piece guard is that you can't actually get a bulb through the hole!!! I gave up then.

You should try one of those 'ship in a bottle' kits for practice :)
mikerichards Posted - 26/01/2011 : 13:58:46
quote:

I could be really mean here!! As for the guard, I find taking it off first quite handy!!
Too be fair though, I made a bulb guard a few years ago, I was tired and not thinking.
The guard itself was great, really nice to look at and would work really well, it was one that would sit between the pieces, kinda like a lampshade does.
All was going great until I finished and realised that the downside of a one piece guard is that you can't actually get a bulb through the hole!!! I gave up then.
a33272 Posted - 26/01/2011 : 11:02:45
quote:

il always take then out the box and check there what i need before i buy them, as for the guard question hmmmmmmmm il let you decide what you think you would have to do x
Sta~ple Posted - 25/01/2011 : 23:11:30
baitman Posted - 25/01/2011 : 22:39:49
how many herps does it take to change a light bulb...

1 to ask the question and 101 to give advice....lol
eeji Posted - 25/01/2011 : 19:05:15
quote:
Originally posted by phil2

I think the bulb haas gone in the snakes tank unforntly so tommo im going to get a new bulb does it jjst need screwing im, the light is stil on the thermostat so i presume that its working its just the bulb thas gone . Do thet go quite easily not had it very long id say mayb 5 6 months. ?

quote:

Course i know how to change a bulb didnt need no ones help i wont bother asking again

phil2 Posted - 25/01/2011 : 16:12:48
Course i know how to change a bulb didnt need no ones help i wont bother asking again
a33272 Posted - 25/01/2011 : 14:36:58
quote:

Dont b funny, iv gt A spatmre bulb sumwete foing to find it n it is screw in .

didnt we have someone else that talked in riddles like this before
mikerichards Posted - 25/01/2011 : 14:33:47
quote:

A what?

I wasn't trying to be funny, perhaps if you dont know how to change a bulb you should get an electrician, god knows what would happen if you put it in the wrong way round.
Kehhlyr Posted - 25/01/2011 : 13:58:36
quote:

I'm sorry, but I don't understand that.

Also I don't think anyone was trying to "b funny". The questions/comments above are sensible comments.
phil2 Posted - 25/01/2011 : 12:46:47
mikerichards Posted - 25/01/2011 : 07:38:58
Sounds like we need a 'viv maintenance section'. Can even have a sticky for changing light bulbs!!

On a serious note, a stat isn't gonna 'throw out power' if the bulb is blown, some may 'evaporate' but it will be very minimal.
What type of stat are you using? Mine usually last about 8 months more or less permanently on.
GillyDuncan Posted - 25/01/2011 : 02:42:29
The bulb could be screw in or twist type.
I'm assuming that the viv is heated by bulb? If so and it is definitely gone then I'd unplug the stat otherwise it's just going to keep throwing power out for no reason.
Depending on the type of stat and bulb used then 5 or 6 months could be long life or short life. My 60 gallon tank has a bulb replaced about every 4 weeks.

Remove the bulb before buying a replacement to make sure you get the right one.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000