The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Can anyone help a newbie with handling please?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MrsA82 Posted - 24/01/2011 : 20:59:12
Have a gorgeous girl Lola who is an absolute dream to handle. But she never seems tired of being handled. Well saying that, only had her to hold when moving her into her viv and when changing paper as only been few days since I got her. What are the signs they are fed up?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
herriotfan Posted - 24/01/2011 : 22:30:50
My Sidney is quite happy to go up my sleeve, down my front and then sleep on my tummy for as long as I let him. I just go on the theory that too hot or too cold to the touch means it's time to put back in their viv/faun.
razza Posted - 24/01/2011 : 22:20:41
justin is the same, he loves being out. he has never given me any sign that he has had enough, there has been time's where i would sit and watch a film and he would find a nice warm place like my pocket and just sit though the whole film.
lotabob Posted - 24/01/2011 : 21:20:40
Corn snakes are so nosey and love to explore and climb and find hidey holes etc, as long as your not holding them still then its unlikely you'll ever see a snakey strop when handling. your more likely to see one when you go to pick them up. Tail shaking, and bending into the 'S' shape, hissing all signs of been annoyed. I've seeen Spot tail shake when been handled but only because he had just managed to get his head stuck in a hole so I had restrained him to check him over, as soon as I let him go he was happy and exploring my arms and sleeve again.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000