Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Can anyone help a newbie with handling please?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MrsA82
Yearling

United Kingdom
582 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2011 :  20:59:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have a gorgeous girl Lola who is an absolute dream to handle. But she never seems tired of being handled. Well saying that, only had her to hold when moving her into her viv and when changing paper as only been few days since I got her. What are the signs they are fed up?

0.1 Philodryas baroni
2.7 western hognose
3.7 royal pythons

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2011 :  21:20:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Corn snakes are so nosey and love to explore and climb and find hidey holes etc, as long as your not holding them still then its unlikely you'll ever see a snakey strop when handling. your more likely to see one when you go to pick them up. Tail shaking, and bending into the 'S' shape, hissing all signs of been annoyed. I've seeen Spot tail shake when been handled but only because he had just managed to get his head stuck in a hole so I had restrained him to check him over, as soon as I let him go he was happy and exploring my arms and sleeve again.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

razza
Hatchling

United Kingdom
113 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2011 :  22:20:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
justin is the same, he loves being out. he has never given me any sign that he has had enough, there has been time's where i would sit and watch a film and he would find a nice warm place like my pocket and just sit though the whole film.

1.0.0 50% carolina 25% amel 25% rootbeer
0.0.1 creamsicle ?
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2011 :  22:30:50  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
My Sidney is quite happy to go up my sleeve, down my front and then sleep on my tummy for as long as I let him. I just go on the theory that too hot or too cold to the touch means it's time to put back in their viv/faun.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000