The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Proper feeding times.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 26/12/2010 : 15:48:36
Hello people, im new here and i just wanted to make sure about the feeding for my corn snake.

it is about over three years old and i wanted to know whether i should feed it on the same day every week or if i should feed it after it poos.

which is the best way.

thank you :)
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
pitcher Posted - 28/12/2010 : 15:49:57
hatchlings i generally keep to a routine but as mentioned before i like to mix the feeding times up a little for my grow on snakes... they make it clear when they are after food by search round their rubs more.
n/a Posted - 27/12/2010 : 21:07:07
ah thank you all for being so helpful :D

Snakey usually pokes its head up and looks at me when it wants to eat :)
lrv2307 Posted - 27/12/2010 : 13:10:46
im sure your snakey would come lookin if he/she were hungry lol, morgana goes on the prowl when its day before feeding day lol
a33272 Posted - 27/12/2010 : 11:35:17
theres no hard and fast rule on feeding, sometimes mine get feed after 8 days some times 14 days sometimes a month if they are in shed mode. they wouldnt have a routine in the wild
Sta~ple Posted - 27/12/2010 : 11:17:45
How old the snake is depends on feeding time. I feed 2 of mine weekly and they are less than a year old, they used to be fed every 5 days. One adult every 2 weeks and another every 4 weeks.

They are fine :) I've seen my girl looking as if she is bursting for the loo when I feed her, just mean she leaves 2 stinkers for me in a short space of time
herriotfan Posted - 27/12/2010 : 10:24:04
I feed mine weekly on the same day. That way I don't forget who's due when!! I keep records too so I know who had what and when.
lrv2307 Posted - 27/12/2010 : 08:44:40
i got a 4 month old hatchling, i feed her every 5 days, yes shes grown about 3 inches since ive had her (4 weeks)
but got a guide off here on feeding size/weight/days

Zincubus Posted - 27/12/2010 : 07:56:53
I also feed mine on a Sunday evening and then leave them all in peace until Tuesday evening or sometimes Wednesday .

Although , I have seen quite a few posts suggesting feeding hatchlings every 5 days ... maybe that is if you want to "grow them on for a quick / quicker re-sale" ?? !
lotabob Posted - 26/12/2010 : 23:34:41
They go when they feel like it, some can hold for a week or so before letting loose the inner demon!
n/a Posted - 26/12/2010 : 23:04:13
ah ok, so it doesnt matter if the snake poos first or not then. i was asking because i didnt want to fill it up before poopy time, and then the snakes poopy time.
saamicaat Posted - 26/12/2010 : 20:26:05
I feed Medusa every sunday at around 7pm to keep her in a routine kinda thing :)
She seems to know when it's feeding time, she's only four months old and she's learnt already! Bless her :)
lotabob Posted - 26/12/2010 : 19:23:00
I feed every Sunday but thats just because Spot is little I'll be going to once every 10 days when he gets bigger. Don't use poo as a cue to feed, it only takes a few days for digestion and you'll quickly end up with a fat snake. If you mean if the snake hasn't poo'd can i still feed him? Then yes you can. (Unless its been weeks without a poo, you might have a constripated snake, there is advice for this on here too).
n/a Posted - 26/12/2010 : 17:34:07
i know its once every week, but i meant on the same day, e.g. every thursday, or anytime every week after its had a poopy?
stotty01 Posted - 26/12/2010 : 16:55:47
once everyweek :) never heard of feeding after poo's before :S

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000