The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 noises?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jonoandapril Posted - 21/12/2010 : 18:07:11
just a small wonder, but are corns perticularly bothered about noise? i had tango out today and my little lad had a squeeling fit and she seemed to get a lot more active. do u think he scared her?
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Invalid User Posted - 28/12/2010 : 17:27:04
Nimbus doesn't seem bothered by noises but he gets very nosy when there are new smells in the room.

He always comes out of his hide for a sniff about when I light any of my Yankee Candles. He seems to like them lol
tehbunneh Posted - 28/12/2010 : 16:11:03
My four are all in the living room with me. Boa is constantly moving, so I've not noticed him getting overly agitated, Widget seems to always be hiding, whether it is quiet or loud, so again, can't really tell with old grumpy head there. Dexter is always cautious, and Ripley is more likely to poke his head out if we're watching TV or playing music or something. I don't think it causes that much stress, especially if they are in a place that is high-traffic or has a lot of activity in from a young age - my four all seem pretty happy. I swear Ripley recognises the vigrations that take place when QI is on. He's always there, watching Stephen and co!!
Sammysnake Posted - 28/12/2010 : 14:48:23
My boys are in the computer room and get very nosey as soon as I start typing. Vibrations I assume.
jonoandapril Posted - 23/12/2010 : 14:03:29
yeah thats what i thought. my son has learned a bit now and only hisses at the snakeys now lol
Tiffany-x Posted - 23/12/2010 : 10:54:14
I think a very loud sound would scare a snake, definitely, they still sense the vibrations, and something making a racket to them would tell them to go and hide somewhere, surely thats basic survival instincts? Lol.
Tiffany-x
jonoandapril Posted - 23/12/2010 : 10:52:32
ha, yeah likewise. we got another hatchling yesterday (he is awsome!) and he's just like that. always looking at whats going on elswhere in the room lol
FiestaSTLou Posted - 22/12/2010 : 09:12:46
lol corn snakes are nosey lol, i only have to walk in the room and my sydneys poking her head out to see whats going on, then if i walk near the rub she comes upto the plastic to see what im doing lmao
jonoandapril Posted - 22/12/2010 : 08:14:36
ah, ok. so she thought he was a tasty treat? lol
drchino Posted - 21/12/2010 : 22:49:36
They don't really have ears but pick up noise through vibrations so probably heard a slight vibration from the your lads scream reverberating off of objects in the room. I've noticed my snake pokes her head out when I turn my PC on, I don't think it scares her, just makes her come out to have a look at whats going on in case it's food!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000