The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 new corn regurgitating

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mallyg Posted - 17/12/2010 : 19:21:22
just bought a corn today, its approx 1 year old and has been in its viv for about 2 hours when it brought back up its last feed, which was monday the 13th. is this normal after homing a new corn. i have a 50 watt bulb at hot end and temp is about 85 degrees f.

any help please

mallyg
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
eeji Posted - 19/12/2010 : 11:59:37
the bulb really should be on a dimming thermostat to prevent temperatures getting too high but thats a seperate issue from the regurge, if the light is off during the night the temperature will drop enough so the food isn't getting digested properly so that may have contributed to the regurge.
mallyg Posted - 18/12/2010 : 17:13:59
quote:
Originally posted by mallyg

[quote]Originally posted by eeji

i see you have a bulb for heat, is it on a stat and do you turn it off at night?

e]
eeji, no i dont have a stat and i do turn it off at night, is there something here i should be aware of.
eeji Posted - 18/12/2010 : 01:32:26
i see you have a bulb for heat, is it on a stat and do you turn it off at night?
mallyg Posted - 17/12/2010 : 20:06:11
thanks again for advice, obviously as a new keeper im a little nervous about whether my set up is correct and if i should seek further advice
lotabob Posted - 17/12/2010 : 19:42:17
Bit like a chewed fudge with feet sticking out then.

It does sound like its nothing you've done, if the shop fed it and then let it be moved its just another shop with no idea. Moving is stressful for them and they should have not let it be moved with a full stomach. Speak to them about it and follow the VERY useful info in this link

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7792

I dealt with a regurge and it came in very handy.
mallyg Posted - 17/12/2010 : 19:38:44
it was half and half really, you could make out that it was a mouse. but was also a bit guey
lotabob Posted - 17/12/2010 : 19:33:17
As K says, thats a long time to have food in the stomach, normally only a few days to go all the way through, I would ask your shop if they have fed it closer to the time you picked him up than they are letting on. Another thing is was it still quite mouse-like or just stinking goo?
mallyg Posted - 17/12/2010 : 19:29:58
thanks for the reply, yes it did regurge as it had its mouth open and up it came.
Kehhlyr Posted - 17/12/2010 : 19:28:35
It fed on Monday the 13th and brought back that feed??

Unless it has been kept VERY poorly from where you got it then that feed should've been poo'd out by now.
Usually time from feeding until pooing is around 2-3 days (average).

A regurge can happen fairly soon after re-homing a corn if it's only recently been fed.
Keep an eye on it for a couple days, don't offer it any food and just leave it alone in it's rub for a while, only going in for water changes etc.
Will be worth getting hold of whoever you got it from to get definite feed dates as well as any other info they have for the snake, feeding/shedding records etc.

stotty01 Posted - 17/12/2010 : 19:23:22
are you sure its a regurge not just a poo?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000