New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mallyg
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2010 :  19:21:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just bought a corn today, its approx 1 year old and has been in its viv for about 2 hours when it brought back up its last feed, which was monday the 13th. is this normal after homing a new corn. i have a 50 watt bulb at hot end and temp is about 85 degrees f.

any help please

mallyg

stotty01
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2010 :  19:23:22  Show Profile  Click to see stotty01's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
are you sure its a regurge not just a poo?

my aunties, bestfriends, hairdressers, friends boyfriend had a snake and it stretched out to measure him to eat him......true story.....
1.0.0 tortoise
1.0.0 sinaloan milk snake
1.0.0 jack russel
0.1.0 anery corn medusa
1.0.0 snow corn abomninable
0.1.0 royal python priscilla
http://www.youtube.com/user/stotty01 dads youtube channel

Tail n scales, Linton, Cambs, CB21 4XN, Tel no 01223 893 508 http://www.tails-n-scales.co.uk/

wish list: boa!
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2010 :  19:28:35  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It fed on Monday the 13th and brought back that feed??

Unless it has been kept VERY poorly from where you got it then that feed should've been poo'd out by now.
Usually time from feeding until pooing is around 2-3 days (average).

A regurge can happen fairly soon after re-homing a corn if it's only recently been fed.
Keep an eye on it for a couple days, don't offer it any food and just leave it alone in it's rub for a while, only going in for water changes etc.
Will be worth getting hold of whoever you got it from to get definite feed dates as well as any other info they have for the snake, feeding/shedding records etc.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

mallyg
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2010 :  19:29:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks for the reply, yes it did regurge as it had its mouth open and up it came.
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2010 :  19:33:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As K says, thats a long time to have food in the stomach, normally only a few days to go all the way through, I would ask your shop if they have fed it closer to the time you picked him up than they are letting on. Another thing is was it still quite mouse-like or just stinking goo?

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

mallyg
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2010 :  19:38:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it was half and half really, you could make out that it was a mouse. but was also a bit guey
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2010 :  19:42:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bit like a chewed fudge with feet sticking out then.

It does sound like its nothing you've done, if the shop fed it and then let it be moved its just another shop with no idea. Moving is stressful for them and they should have not let it be moved with a full stomach. Speak to them about it and follow the VERY useful info in this link

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7792

I dealt with a regurge and it came in very handy.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky

Edited by - lotabob on 17/12/2010 19:45:49
Go to Top of Page

mallyg
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2010 :  20:06:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks again for advice, obviously as a new keeper im a little nervous about whether my set up is correct and if i should seek further advice
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2010 :  01:32:26  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i see you have a bulb for heat, is it on a stat and do you turn it off at night?

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

mallyg
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2010 :  17:13:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mallyg

[quote]Originally posted by eeji

i see you have a bulb for heat, is it on a stat and do you turn it off at night?

e]
eeji, no i dont have a stat and i do turn it off at night, is there something here i should be aware of.
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2010 :  11:59:37  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
the bulb really should be on a dimming thermostat to prevent temperatures getting too high but thats a seperate issue from the regurge, if the light is off during the night the temperature will drop enough so the food isn't getting digested properly so that may have contributed to the regurge.

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000