The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 feeding incident

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
wagner1966 Posted - 15/12/2010 : 06:33:41
Feeding our two last night and Arnolds pinkie 'burst' in his mouth (to my wifes disgust) - he regurgitated the whole thing and moved away from it. I must have seen this coming as I had defrosted a spare small pinkie (have plenty to use up and wasn't sure wether Adams was too big when I got it out the freezer). It seems he had gone off the mess of a pinkie so I gave him the smaller one which he devoured very quickly.
Should I leave it at that until next week or should I give him another small one in the next couple of days to fill him up?
Thanks
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
wagner1966 Posted - 16/12/2010 : 06:15:20
Thanks for your replies, all seems well at the moment (he's curled up in his little 'tree' at the moment - about to slide off as he's beginning to get a bit heavy for it!) Think I'll leave him until next feed.
Agree with the others - we would be totally lost without the forum. As newcomers to the hobby we've had plenty of worries and scares which we have managed to get over due to the great help we've recieved from you all.
lotabob Posted - 15/12/2010 : 22:12:11
I've seen a couple of video's where the mousey bursts during a constriction but never in the mouth. I suppose the pressure of the throat on the mouse is quite a lot, when Spot eats bum first it usually ends in a blood bath as blood gets squeezed out of the mouse's mouth and nose. I think snakes are definitely are not for the squeemish, for me the strength of these little beasties is just incredible and fascinating, blood, guts and all. :)
lrv2307 Posted - 15/12/2010 : 20:23:33
quote:
Originally posted by drchino

Aww fussy little snake! The last time a fuzzy burst on my snake she started trying to eat its intestines!

eewwww lol, god you have a strong tum, im not so bad but even that would make me want to throw up ol
Tiffany-x Posted - 15/12/2010 : 18:03:30
quote:
Originally posted by herriotfan

quote:
Originally posted by lrv2307

ill tell ya what herriotfan, hell if it wasnt for this forum, and you guys, id be a jibbering wreck with my corn lol

speaking for myself, you guys are so helpful i wouldnt know where to turn otherwise lol

i havent had this prob with my lil one yet, but who knows

Hey it's good to know that the forum helps.
I'd be lost without coming on here for my 'fix' of snake stuff!
(*Sob story* Have disability and don't get out much, my animals and forum are real friends!!*End of sob story* )

Im with you on that one, I must say I think there are a couple of us with various reasons for not getting out much and on here you do get such incredible people! I love this forum, everyone is so helpful and no one judges you, we are all friends and I think there are some great members on here, very helpful and caring. I must say I love to help anyone and I am here for anyone that ever just wants to pop an email to me for a chat.

And as for Arnold and his pinkie, its a good job you had a spare, I think I might spit my food out if it made a mess like that too! :P
Tiffany-x
drchino Posted - 15/12/2010 : 14:02:20
Aww fussy little snake! The last time a fuzzy burst on my snake she started trying to eat its intestines!
herriotfan Posted - 15/12/2010 : 13:39:54
quote:
Originally posted by lrv2307

ill tell ya what herriotfan, hell if it wasnt for this forum, and you guys, id be a jibbering wreck with my corn lol

speaking for myself, you guys are so helpful i wouldnt know where to turn otherwise lol

Hey it's good to know that the forum helps.
I'd be lost without coming on here for my 'fix' of snake stuff!
(*Sob story* Have disability and don't get out much, my animals and forum are real friends!!*End of sob story* )
lrv2307 Posted - 15/12/2010 : 10:53:51

herriotfan Posted - 15/12/2010 : 10:32:33
As long as the 'spare' one stayed down then he'll be fine until his next feed is due.
wagner1966 Posted - 15/12/2010 : 10:19:05
It was half in his mouth when he spat it out as if to say "I'm not eating this" so I don't think there's any problem - just a fussy eater!
herriotfan Posted - 15/12/2010 : 09:28:10
Did it get down to his stomach then regurge or did he just 'spit' it out after it burst?
I'd probably just leave him until his next feed is due then try him on another small pinky as long as the spare that you fed him has stayed down and digested. I certainly wouldn't give him anything before that.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000