The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Which is more acurate?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Red123 Posted - 15/11/2010 : 14:16:33
A viv that I have which came already set up complete with patrick, has a geko timer and temperature controller. It has a digital read out for the temps. I've got to buy some more thermostats soon and was wondering what peoples experiences are of these. My other 2 thermostats are habistat temperature stats and not the most acurate.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gingerpony Posted - 16/11/2010 : 11:29:18
quote:
Originally posted by stvenger5

I tend to use the thermostat knob as a guide temperature then measure temperatures round the take with a decent thermometer and adjust thermostat as appropriate

yep!

but as far as brands or types of stat are concerned on/off type stats (like your habistat temp stat) have the most fluctuation, pulses are pretty accurate, and dimmers are meant to be very accurate. we use microclimate and habistat stats mainly though my aqualine on/off stat was VERY accurate and i liked it

i think people have been disappointed with cobrastats due to the extreme temp fluctuations........
n/a Posted - 15/11/2010 : 18:59:09
I tend to use the thermostat knob as a guide temperature then measure temperatures round the take with a decent thermometer and adjust thermostat as appropriate
eeji Posted - 15/11/2010 : 18:31:08
ignore the temperature readout on any make of thermostat, none of them are very accurate. The temperature needs to be taken at the heat source which depending on your set up might not be the same place you have your stat probe so will be a different temperature.
herriotfan Posted - 15/11/2010 : 14:56:53
I've got a mixture of brands and find lucky reptile and exoterra good, but that's just my personal opinion. They happened to be the ones that came cheap!!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000