The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Advice please

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Red123 Posted - 03/11/2010 : 13:42:30
My 2 baby corns are doing well but seem to be growing very slowly not that I have anything to compare them with only adult corns. They are now almost 3 months old and haven't grown a great deal since i got them. They are just about 12" long but still like a felt pen round. We have had them for about 6 weeks now. They are still eating 1 pinky every 7 days. I have now got some larger pinkies for a couple of feeds and then I thought I would move them up to fluffs. What do you think? They are both active in the evenings and love to come out of their faunariums. Also how long do you think it will be unitl I can put them into the 2ft x 18" x 18" I would of course provide lots of hides and greenery for them to hide in. Thnks.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sta~ple Posted - 03/11/2010 : 18:12:59
Mine grewvery slowly on pinkies every on every 5 days don't worry about it. Once they are of a good size to take fuzzies they really do grow rapidly.
drchino Posted - 03/11/2010 : 16:23:29
I was convinced that my snake had barely grown but since I got some scales and kept track of her weight I can see that she puts on 3 grams a week.
gingerpony Posted - 03/11/2010 : 14:43:49
weight is probably your best guide to growth, and as Mort suggested - try feeding more frequenly at 5-6 day intervals
Mort13 Posted - 03/11/2010 : 14:36:39
I started off feeding Loki every 7 days and then upped it to every 6 days,then 5 days.
He had a while where he didn't seem to be doing much. Although I think he's having a little spurt now. Do you weigh them? I started doing that and it put my mind at ease as I could see he was putting weight on.
I'd double up on their pinkies before moving them onto fuzzies,its what most people do and it worked well with Loki.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000