New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  13:42:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My 2 baby corns are doing well but seem to be growing very slowly not that I have anything to compare them with only adult corns. They are now almost 3 months old and haven't grown a great deal since i got them. They are just about 12" long but still like a felt pen round. We have had them for about 6 weeks now. They are still eating 1 pinky every 7 days. I have now got some larger pinkies for a couple of feeds and then I thought I would move them up to fluffs. What do you think? They are both active in the evenings and love to come out of their faunariums. Also how long do you think it will be unitl I can put them into the 2ft x 18" x 18" I would of course provide lots of hides and greenery for them to hide in. Thnks.

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

0.0.1 Schneider Skink (George)
1.0.0 Extreme Blonde Harlequin Crested Gecko (Bert)
4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Border collie x (BoB), 2 Cats (Lucky & Dip), 17 Goldfish, and The Dubia Family

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  14:36:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I started off feeding Loki every 7 days and then upped it to every 6 days,then 5 days.
He had a while where he didn't seem to be doing much. Although I think he's having a little spurt now. Do you weigh them? I started doing that and it put my mind at ease as I could see he was putting weight on.
I'd double up on their pinkies before moving them onto fuzzies,its what most people do and it worked well with Loki.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  14:43:49  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
weight is probably your best guide to growth, and as Mort suggested - try feeding more frequenly at 5-6 day intervals

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

drchino
Yearling

United Kingdom
660 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  16:23:29  Show Profile  Visit drchino's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was convinced that my snake had barely grown but since I got some scales and kept track of her weight I can see that she puts on 3 grams a week.

0.1.0 Izzy - Amber Motley Corn
0.2.0 White rats - Rose and Myra
0.0.1 Crested Gecko - Yoshi
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  18:12:59  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Mine grewvery slowly on pinkies every on every 5 days don't worry about it. Once they are of a good size to take fuzzies they really do grow rapidly.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000