The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Always in cool end?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lucyloop Posted - 25/10/2010 : 19:38:05
Does anyone else snake spend time only in the cool end? Tiko has been here a few days now and only spends time in the cool end (about 22-24 degrees depends on time of day etc). Warm end is about 29-30 and he only ever shuffles over it for a min or two. There is lots more substrate in the cool end so i am guessing he is maybe just comfy, but whenever i come back from work etc and its dark he is always sitting in his water bowl - not totally, just chilling out in there. Is this just his personality or should I be worried??
Thanks guys
Lucy
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lucyloop Posted - 27/10/2010 : 08:25:49
Thank you, I am going to move the hides as when he pokes his head out he is staring at us and us at him so its probably a little un-nerving. Will turn them to the side.Have ordered a plant which should come today so I can put that in too. Thanks Ginger P. :)
gingerpony Posted - 26/10/2010 : 22:12:29
i'd just put some decor (rock, leaf, plant) in front of the hide entrance to provide a bit more privacy........and turn it so you can't look directly into the hide either
lucyloop Posted - 26/10/2010 : 12:36:58
thanks guys i will make the changes when i get back later on. I have only a thin layer of substrate in the warm end - so it gets warm and doesnt insulate - reckon its worth making it a bit more fluffy for him as he seems to love burying himself in it??
bigal Posted - 26/10/2010 : 09:22:05
Reducing temp a good point I recently did this for Ghengis and he now spends a lot more time in the warm end. Wasn't too bothered in the Summer but as Winter approaches this seems to have done the trick.
gingerpony Posted - 26/10/2010 : 09:15:18
try knocking the stat down a degree or even two, he might not like it quite that hot
also make sure the warm hide is just as appealing as the cool one - in size, privacy, direct light etc
herriotfan Posted - 25/10/2010 : 20:39:58
quote:
Originally posted by lucyloop

You know what, he is such a monkey, he has just sat inside his cardboard tube, right on top of the heat mat!!! making me look like a fool so soon!!!!

lol typical, I bet he's got a big wide grin on his face too!!!!!
lucyloop Posted - 25/10/2010 : 19:52:02
You know what, he is such a monkey, he has just sat inside his cardboard tube, right on top of the heat mat!!! making me look like a fool so soon!!!!
herriotfan Posted - 25/10/2010 : 19:43:35
I wouldn't worry. He probably comes out at night and has a warm up. My Sid hides in his flowerpot in the cool end all the time but he's normally out and about in the late evening.
He could also be aware of the season changes and cooling down for the winter, maybe?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000