The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Feeding

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lucyloop Posted - 24/10/2010 : 15:41:52
Hi Guys, Tiko has arrived and I am obeying the rules and leaving him be for a bit. He was last fed a week ago last Tuesday, so 10 days ago, is he going to be ok for another 4 or so days as I have read the recommendations not to feed for a week after arrival?

Just don't want him to starve!

Thanks
Lucy
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lucyloop Posted - 25/10/2010 : 13:00:12
seven months, that must have been so stressful for you? I am happy he is starting to settle in as when i got up this morning it looked like he had had a disco cos his substrate and cardboard tubes were all over the place. He pops his head out for a while before emerging. He did shed last night which was brill too.
elament Posted - 25/10/2010 : 12:32:10
one of mine hatched and went seven months before she ate a few days is nothing to them
lucyloop Posted - 25/10/2010 : 07:11:10
Thansk for the advice.
herriotfan Posted - 24/10/2010 : 23:27:59
It's more important when you first get your snake to give it the full week to settle in. It really won't matter if it has no food in that time. Don't forget to leave it for 48 hours after feeding to digest it's meal. It's hard not being able to handle for so much time but worth it in the end!
chrish Posted - 24/10/2010 : 16:23:43
He'll be fine, 2 weeks is nothing to them, some hatchies wont eat for months so you have nothing to worry about
lucyloop Posted - 24/10/2010 : 16:14:10
Thanks, I suppose it's east to think of things from a human point of view. I will leave him for a few more days then.

Lucy
Tiffany-x Posted - 24/10/2010 : 15:46:03
Corns can go for a good while without food. A few days wont hurt. Dont worry about it, they sometimes dont eat for a few months and are still fine, just beginning to feel a little peckish. :L
Tiffany-x

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000