The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Heat Mat - how long to get hot?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lucyloop Posted - 22/10/2010 : 22:05:21
Hi All,

Can you give me advice? I am picking up snakey tomorrow and so have set my faunarium up and just popped on the heat mat (with stat) to get it warm and ready. I have taped the mat to the underside of the tank as its plastic and I assumed would heat quickly and sufficiently. Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get to the required heat - have set at 30 for now? I have thermometer but dial type so will get a digital one shortly as I read dial ones arent too brill. However I have the stat and thus I hope that should be enough for now. My heat mat is 7W and a third of the tank so I assume ok. Just worried Tiko wont be warm enough. All I need is for someone to say it will be plenty warm in a few hours!
Thanks guys in advance
Lucy
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gingerpony Posted - 23/10/2010 : 09:28:46
you can pick up digital thermometers for about a fiver, i like the slightly more expensive twin probe thermometers that are about £8 and you only need one
lucyloop Posted - 22/10/2010 : 22:27:01
Thankyou, i have just moved it to above the substrate and it has gone up to about 28 already.

Thanks for the help

Lucy
gingerpony Posted - 22/10/2010 : 22:22:36
a small mat should get up to temp and stabilize well within an hour, i'd still use the dial thermometer till you get a decent digi one, just place it on top of the substrate above the mat

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000