The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 scared :/

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
princess Posted - 18/10/2010 : 21:02:26
hi guys i think its time i got back into to hand of handling the cornsnakes..

i was literally petrified of snakes but my partner eased me into handling the cornsnakes slowly but one day whiskey decided to try and tag me and went all scetish as you might have read in an earlier post a few months ago..

i am now going to try and handle the baby amel fire tonight while shes active to try and settle back in with the snakes.. my only problem is i am really scared and dont think i can do it..

i handled whiskey when he was about 2ft long and fire is 12inch and i just cant bring myself to do it... i really wanna do it and i work myself up as i have done it before but whiskey soon put me off..

any suggestions on how to ease my self back into it would be a big help as hiper2009 tried to by holding the head but i still couldnt bring myself to it ..
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
princess Posted - 23/10/2010 : 18:32:20
u prob would :/
hiper2009 Posted - 23/10/2010 : 11:30:27
quote:
Originally posted by Zincubus

quote:
Originally posted by hiper2009

You can't use a snake hook on a hatchling it won't work mate lol

Edited : Spelling

Beg to differ ... I had a bit of an experience a few weeks ago , with a feisty "Rat snake" it was about 12 - 13 inches long and scared to hell out of me when I went near it so I made a little snake hook out of a wire coat hanger and it worked a treat , once it was out is was was fine apart from being very lively and taking a very keen interest in my little Italian Greyhound !!

Lol a 12 - 13 inch ratsnake you probs won't even feel the bite
Zincubus Posted - 21/10/2010 : 20:36:13
quote:

Beg to differ ... I had a bit of an experience a few weeks ago , with a feisty "Rat snake" it was about 12 - 13 inches long and scared to hell out of me when I went near it so I made a little snake hook out of a wire coat hanger and it worked a treat , once it was out is was was fine apart from being very lively and taking a very keen interest in my little Italian Greyhound !!
princess Posted - 21/10/2010 : 12:45:55
i think it might be and also of her going sketish and escaping and loosing her as ash would kill me lol but she doesnt go sketish with ash so i must be giving the wrong vibes or something. think i might have to dress and smell like ash and see if that works also i dont wanna squish her as she is tiny conpared to my hands and i dont wanna hurt her by holding her too tight
HannahB Posted - 19/10/2010 : 16:14:21
honestly unless your hatchie is anything like Zero was then you would have to seriously seriously annoy her to be tagged or smell particularly yummy lol
glad you are starting to handle them again though - is part of the fear a fear of squishing Fire if she made a run for it?
hiper2009 Posted - 19/10/2010 : 15:39:39
quote:
Originally posted by herriotfan

Hey well done! Pleased you did it. Now you know it's ok you can handle Fire again and each time your confidence will grow.

She will start handling for 2 to 4 mins every day then increase it after 7 days.
hiper2009 Posted - 19/10/2010 : 10:46:21
quote:
Originally posted by drchino

Still not even seen the slightest bit of aggression from my snake thankfully. It's not something I'm too worried about though, I'm more concerned about my girlfriends rats biting me!

I agree i would defo get bit by a snake then a RAT !! but Whisky only tried to tag Hayley due to it was summer and we had that really nice hot weather and i keep my snakes in my bedroom which is a lil box room and it gets over heated in here when summer comes and sometimes the snakes get really stressed when handled during hot temps..
drchino Posted - 19/10/2010 : 10:22:51
Still not even seen the slightest bit of aggression from my snake thankfully. It's not something I'm too worried about though, I'm more concerned about my girlfriends rats biting me!
princess Posted - 19/10/2010 : 09:50:06
quote:
Originally posted by herriotfan

Hey well done! Pleased you did it. Now you know it's ok you can handle Fire again and each time your confidence will grow.

thanks ive never held fire before it was always whiskey as hes just adorable but my confidence dropped when he went to tag me so i thought id work my way up from a hatchling to build on my confidence now and its slowly working im just corious about the head being on me but im sure ill get there in the end
princess Posted - 19/10/2010 : 09:47:40
i saw them screenies last night my face looked herendous lol what do you intend todo with them ... are you going to shame me on the forum :/
herriotfan Posted - 19/10/2010 : 09:46:52
princess Posted - 19/10/2010 : 09:41:35
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

Just never let yourself get tagged by a BCi, that hurts.

Ha i agree with you Phil me buttercup

phil me up buttercup hahhaha
princess Posted - 19/10/2010 : 09:40:41
well i did it guys on cam to everyone on the TCS forum chat took a while but i think im getting there... i dont think a snake hook will work on a hatchling but i have ash here to get the snakes in and out thanks for everyones advice i much apprciated it
hiper2009 Posted - 19/10/2010 : 00:04:00

Zincubus Posted - 18/10/2010 : 23:32:37
quote:
Originally posted by princess

i think thats my problem going into the tank and being tagged but fire is only 12inchs long so i dont know what im scared off but i just work my self up into a panic
[/quote]

simplez - use a snake hook , made out of a bent metal coathanger or something , just make sure there are no sharp edges that can injure your snakey !
hiper2009 Posted - 18/10/2010 : 23:10:13
Well done babe you did great handling fire and letting every one on TCS chat watch you on webcam lol along with lots of pics that i will teach you how to upload to yours tomorrow morning as it takes to long lol
DannyBrown91 Posted - 18/10/2010 : 22:27:34
quote:

Yet to get tagged, just hope if he does decide to bite me he does it sooner rather than later, lol.
hiper2009 Posted - 18/10/2010 : 22:26:57
quote:

Ha i agree with you Phil me buttercup
Kehhlyr Posted - 18/10/2010 : 22:22:55
hiper2009 Posted - 18/10/2010 : 22:22:05
LOL You guys make me laugh really bad quite entertaining me actually HAHA - Try getting tagged by one of my old corns - ROMEO now he was nasty when he did bite he would not let go he would bite and try coil you and will try and try to eat your hand or arm looool but it didn't hurt

Edited : Just setting up the digital Camera On the tripod and then going to get Fire out for Hayley LOL this is going to be FUN WHOOOPY

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000